Beauty Buzz Trial - Essence Cosmetics Spring/Summer 2014 Collection


Next on trial is a makeup brand I have seen a million times in the drugstore but always kept walking because I was not sure if I could trust a brand that sold there products so cheap. Essence Cosmetics says they "stand for on-trend, unique and high quality cosmetics products at a sensational low price." With there new spring/summer line coming out I figured why not try out something completely new. Of course, I couldn't contain myself when I saw them described as "bright pastels to bold metallics and glittery accents."

I received six of the numerous products from Essence's new line and I tested them out by creating a makeup look with them all together. Personally, I will be using each product separately since the look was a bit too sparkly for my own preference. I took up close pictures for you to see how the products looked on the face. Just remember that certain products will look and work differently on everyone because of different skin types and colors. I also did swatches of all the products except mascara, to show the colors and pigmentation of each.
Essence Metal Glam Eye Shadow in color Golden Up - This pearly white pressed shadow with golden glittery overspray is a great choice for its price. It is a very sparkly shade however it is not as pigmented as I would have liked but it is easily buildable, just make sure to use a primer to help it last longer. Another good tip would be to wet your brush or even your finger and then apply the shadow wet, it will intensify the color and show up better on your lids. Definitely a good choose for any night time or "going out" makeup look. 
Comes in 6 different colors.
Price - $2.99
Essence Lipstick in Flirty Pink - Creamy, soft, smooth and moisturizing. Best way to describe this lipstick. This color is a mid-toned rosy pink shade with silver shimmers, not too shimmery on the lips though which is a good thing. At first, it goes on sheer but after a few more swipes it can build up to a very bright color. Its consistency is more like a bright colored lip balm so I would carry it with you as you will probably need to retouch. It also smelt absolutely amazing, almost like a creamy fruit scent. 
Comes in 10 different colors.
Price - $2.99
Essence Crystal Eyeliner in Black Star - This black gel liner has golden specs in it and is very glittery. I didn't find that it showed up well as a black liner though. I think applying your own favorite pencil or liquid liner then using this as a glitter on top would have a better effect, plus it would last much longer. It could also even be used on the tips of lashes over your mascara if you ever wanted to spice up your lashes, but as a stand alone liner I wasn't very impressed. 
Comes in 5 different colors.
Price - $2.99
  
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Hot Scorch- This coppery gold liner was my favorite product of them all, surprisingly since I usually only use black or dark brown. The glide and pigmentation of this liner was remarkably. I used it on my water line and it stuck throughout the entire day. Its packaging is very helpful since it is a twist up liner. 
Comes in 8 colors.
Price - $2.49
Essence LASH Mania Reloaded Mascara - If you're looking for a mascara that defines, separates, lifts, volumizes and lengthens lashes, I found it. Personally, this formula worked great, making my lashes look longer then ever. The springy elastomer brush with star-shaped bristles grips lashes and actually moves making it extremely easy to use. In this look I only used the one mascara, but I plan on using it in combination with my other favorite mascaras in future looks.
Price - $4.99
Essence Sun Club All-in-One Bronzing Highlighter in Sun Light - This product is exactly how it is described, all in one. Depending where you put your brush or how you mix your colors, this product can be used as a bronzer, a blush or a highlight. The texture is smooth, easy to blend and very buildable. It is extremely pigmented and I think would work well with any skin tone giving you a sun-kissed glow. Along with the lipstick, it has a very appealing scent. This product will definitely be perfect for travelling as a 3 in 1 product. 
Comes in two colors.
 Price - $4.49

Along with these products, Essence also came out with many other types of eye shadows, eyeliners, lip glosses, lip liners, lip balms, nail polishes, nail art pens, and mattifying powders. All at an affordable price ranging from $0.99 to $4.99 - nothing above five dollars. Essence can be found at many retailers such as ULTA, HEB, Fred Meyer and at Shoppers Drug Mart. 
Overall, I was highly impressed with the pencil liner, the bronzer/blush and the mascara. The gel liner, lipstick and eye shadow I felt needed to be used with other products or techniques then normally stated for them to work well.  All the products will definitely be a great addition to my collection and I will be interested in using them separately to create some new summer looks.

Beauty Bee Rating: 4/5

Check out Essence's site for more information on all the products mentioned above,plus more. http://www.essence.eu/us/products/


*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent these products free from Essence Cosmetics. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. Keep the balls rolling!! Nice posts you have given for us.orogold cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely energetic blog, I loved that a lot because of attracting info. Vine Vera

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.