Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag August 2014 "Beauty Schooled"

Hey Beauty Bees, 

A new month brings a new Ipsy bag and this month I was very excited for the goodies I was going to be receiving since I saw the sneak peeks. (If you do not know what an Ipsy Bag is check out the Beauty Buzz Trial I did last month on it.) This month's theme was "Beauty Schooled". Although many of you are dreading having to go back to school, at least Ipsy gave us some awesome products to brighten our days.

Ipsy Bag August 2014
The makeup bag this month was so adorable. A white bag with orange polka dots resembling a pencil case, which you could actually use as one if you wanted. This has got to be my favorite bag out of all the ones I have ever received from Ipsy, and trust me there is many. I will most likely use this one for my purse since it can fit a ton of products and right now I am using a white and light brown bag so I feel it will go well with it. 

Now on to the most important part, the products I got this month :)

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Manna Kadar
Sheer Glo
Urban Decay Perversion Bigger. Blacker. Badder. Mascara (Deluxe Sample Value $5.50):  When I saw the spoiler this month stating that everyone either got an Urban Decay Velvet liner sample, or a Perversion mascara sample, I prayed that I would get the mascara. I had gotten the liner in a previous bag so I wanted to try out something new. I have enjoyed all of Urban Decay's products and this mascara was no different. It volumized and lengthened with only one swipe, perfect product for school mornings when you are in a rush.
Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo  (Deluxe Sample Value $10.79): This was a brand new product and company for me to try. At first glance, this shimmer lotion was a bit disappointing because of the small tube. I tried out just a little bit on my hand and I could notice a little glowing effect. I feel like once I try mixing it with my foundation it could actually give a very nice glow to your skin. One suggestion would be to use only a little bit at a time but definitely an interesting product.
Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Balm
Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Balm – (Full Size Value $5.50): When I first saw this product in my glam room I was upset because every time I have gotten a lip balm from Ipsy it was not very good. However, I was extremely shocked by how good this lip balm smelled when I first opened it. The citrus scent was very refreshing and reading that it had all organic ingredients was awesome. It went on sooo smoothly with only one swipe, and after wearing it for a couple hours I could already tell the difference of how soft my lips had become. This is perfect for the colder months coming up, and would fit perfectly in a pocket or bag for school.
Coastal Scents Sampler Quad
Coastal Scents Sampler Quad – (Sample Size Value $2): - Personally, I am not a fan of the coastal scents sample quads. They are so small and harder to work with. In the past so many other brands have sent full size shadows or quads that are bigger then this. Besides the size, the colors are all very nice and would be shades I would actually use since I love sparkly shadows especially for nighttime. I was also surprised on how pigmented they were since I have tried coastal scents before and they were very chalky. I could easily fit this into my makeup bag in my purse as well.
Free Your Mane
Reviving Spray




Free Your Mane Reviving Spray- (Deluxe Sample Value $5): I have not heard of a hair product like this before, but I was very intrigued. This reviving spray states that it can be used to reactivate your style or curl pattern without risking the frizziness that plain water creates. It also serves as an excellent base for all other styling products when you are starting with dry hair. I was not able to test it on my hair yet but I spritzed it to test out the scent and it was amazing. It contains Argan oil as well which we all know works wonders for our hair. If this product works well I could definitely see recommending it for school days where your running late and need to get your hair ready from your previous days style.
NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit


NYX Smokey Bronze Look Kit- (Full Size Value $12): This month I was able to use my saved up points for a product and I choose this mini NYX palette. My love for nude eyes that still have a sparkle to them gravitated me towards this product. With decently pigmented colors I can see myself using this palette once in a while. The two lip colors are way more sparkly and kiddish then I had expected but maybe if used very lightly I can still have a glossy lip without looking too sparkly. 

August's bag was valued at $28.29 and contained four samples and one full sized product. If I were to include the extra product I received this month my value would have been $40.29, all for only $10. Being the lowest overall bag value I have ever had, I was still pretty impressed with the products I got although I wish some products were a little bigger. I can see myself using all of them but I can guarantee that I will be using the lip balm and mascara the most.

Did you receive an Ipsy bag? What kind of items did you get? 

Beauty Bee Rating 4.5/5

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription, and join the rest of us who stalk our mailboxes every month for those hot pink envelopes. Use my referral link below:


*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments