Beauty Buzz Trial - Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings Collection

Hey Beauty Bees, 

Today I wanted to talk to you about an amazing product collection I discovered from the brand Too Faced called Beauty Blogger Darlings. If you have seen my recent shopping haul from Rockingham Mall you would know that I bought this set from Sephora for only $20. I had been browsing the Sephora website that day and when this set came up I knew I just had to get it. Within three hours it was all mine and I barely made it into the car before I was carefully opening the packaging and tested out the mascara and bronzer. (If I weren't a blogger or I knew I wasn't going to be taking pictures and reviewing this, that box would have been ripped to pieces when I went to open it.)

This set features four deluxe sized products recommended and loved by four different bloggers/vloggers. They are a very good size for being a sample; basically half of the full size. What amazes me is that you are getting four items, $55 worth of product for only $20.
This set contains:
- 0.14 oz Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- 0.17 oz Better Than Sex Mascara
- 0.17 oz Primed & Poreless Face Primer
- 0.17 oz Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer










Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
This matte bronzer has got to be the best smelling makeup product I have ever smelt in my life. (Along with the Chocolate Bar palette from the same brand) What's better than a perfect looking tan and smelling like chocolate all day. Being a chocolate fanatic, this product could completely fail but I would still carry it around with me just to smell. It is infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and signature bronzing pigments to create a unique formula that neutralizes red and evens skin-tone.
This bronzer is a must have in every girls makeup collection. It gives you a flawless glowing finish without being orange-y or muddy. I will be honest in saying by how much people rave about it, I thought it would much more pigmented then it is. However, it is very buildable and personally for me since I use bronzer only once in a while, I like the fact that it does not put too much product on my face at once. Since getting this product, I have used it every single time I have done my makeup, whether to contour, use as a blush or as an all over color. Out of all the bronzers I own, I can guarantee that I will be hitting pan on this one in the very near future. (Because I will be using it so much, not because of size)
The packaging is adorable, like a little wrapped up chocolate. Also, the included mirror is a very nice touch for on the go use; once again surprising for a sample size product. 

Better Than Sex Mascara
With an hourglass-shaped brush, this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula claims to create full, defined lashes that are stretched to unbelievable lengths. When I first used it, one swipe separated and coated my lashes to give great definition. To obtain more volume or length, I would suggest using two to three coats. Personally, if I was going for a more dramatic night look, I would probably go for one of my other mascaras or use others to layer with this one. However, for a more subtle everyday look, this one works very well since it was fast drying and smudge-proof. It also lasted all day without having to retouch which is a very important factor in the products I tend to reach for, especially in the summer 
The packaging for this mascara is very convenient for me since the silvery pink tube stands out from all the other dark black mascaras in my makeup drawers. 

Primed & Poreless Face Primer
This one-of-a-kind makeup primer scientifically formulated to glide on sheer, keeps powders, foundations and bronzers looking fresh and in place all-day while minimizing the appearance of pores and imperfections. It can also be used alone to give your skin a flawless look.
I always thought face primers never really worked especially after all the others I have tried but after using this one I have now realized that they are very important to makeup routines. It kept my makeup on and looking great longer then without one. I actually noticed that my skin looked brighter and fresher when I used it under my foundation. The nude tone becomes invisible once applied and feels very soft on the skin.
The only issue I have with this product is that it took quite a bit of it to be able to spread across my entire face, since the formula is a little bit thicker than other primers I have tried.

Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer 
I have been watching Youtube gurus for years and over and over again I have heard girls rave about how great this product works, and they are right. This primer seems to lock shadows to your lids and intensifies colors to give you a look that will last all day until you are ready for it to come off. The first day I tried it out was an extremely hot one and I knew I was going to be out and about all day; I am happy to say my eye shadow looked exactly the same from the time I left at 8 am to when I got home at midnight. I love the fact that it can be used with powder or cream shadows and that it's concentrated: meaning the size of a rain drop covers the entire lid. It was definitely most spreadable then the other primer, however I was not too impressed with it being just a squeeze tube, instead of some sort of applicator to help you put it on like all of my other primers.

Overall, It is a great set to have since you are getting four decent sized products for such a cheap price. Sometimes it can be very intimidating to try out new products since the full size can be quite pricey. Sets like this give people the opportunity to test out these higher end products before committing to their full size products counterparts. If you don't end up liking it, you only spent five dollars on the product instead of thirty to forty and you do not feel that you wasted any of money on something you do not plan on using again. Sets like these also come in handy for people who already know they love the products but want a smaller size for travelling or keeping in there bags during the day. 

Beauty Bee Rating: 4.5/5

Check out this set on the Too Faced or Sephora websites for more information.


*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this product with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. I love Too Faced make-up, it's gorgeous! My favourite product is the primer. I really want to try the Mascara, although I'm not sure if it's just because of it's name - haha!

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the read! I love it too. It is my favorite makeup brand, I own so many products from them. The name of the mascara I find very funny but a good advertising trick. Definitely try it out though, it was a pretty good product.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.