Guest Post - 10 Makeup Products Every Beginner Should Invest In by Chocolatefrosst

I didn't really care much for makeup until I was a good 18 years old in fact I didn't care much for anything until then. It's not that I've never touched makeup before but what I owned and used was limited to compact powder, eye liner or a dab of gloss. So when the interest for makeup along with other girly stuff sprang on me suddenly with full weight I was really lost. I didn't know what products I should be investing in and how to use them. I figured in this populated world I am definitely not the only one so I came up with a list of 10 makeup products every beginner should invest in. While some of these are quite obvious, I figured when you're a beginner it is very important you own the basic obvious products before you plunge into spending your money on more 

1. A Good eyeliner pencil 

good pigmented eye liner does wonders and can bring out your eyes. You don't have to spend crazy amount of money on them but just check out a few before you zero in on your favorite. I recommend The Colossal Kajal by Maybelline, it's the best ive used and is very affordable. 
2. The perfect lipstick 


It is important to invest in at least one good lipstick shade that compliments you. Perfect lips play a huge part of making your makeup look flawless. 

3. Lip gloss 

transparent , pink or nude gloss (whatever shade suits your taste) is a must in your makeup collection. A gloss differentiates between whats fun and whats not. 

4. Foundation 
This one is tricky. But if you find the right shade for your skin tone, then the key lies in learning to blend it right. Invest in one and use your figures to blend well(or a foundation brush if you are good at it). 

5. Compact Powder 

Makeup is art and therefore needs practice to make perfect. However what do you do until you learnt to use more sophisticated techniques? Use a good compact powder that compliments you to create the basic almost flawless look. Personally, this is where I started. 

6. Concealer 
It helps hide anything you don't want to show and comes in as an alternative when you don't want to cake up your face with foundation. Mac has some wonderful concealer options. 

7. Blush 

Whats life without colors? Buy a pretty blush and dab along your cheekbones. 

8. Mascara 

Bat your eyesstay dramatic. Invest in a mascara now. I love Maybelline's collectionthey are good. 

9. An eye shadow palette 
Invest in an eye shadow with the colors you feel most comfortable so that you can experiment and create looks. 

10. Makeup Remover 

This is in our makeup bag for one sole purpose, that is we don't end up plucking our eyeballs and lashes off. It is a must have!

On an ending note, I want to thank Linda for giving me the opportunity to write this guest post. This post was solely based on personal experience and I really hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. You can find me at my blog Chocolatefrosst. 

Keep Smiling Xx 
Love, Hajara 

Like me on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/chocolatefrosst 
Follow me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/chocolatefrosst 
Follow me on Instagram :http://instagram.com/chocolatefrosst 
 

Comments