Guest Post - Winter Skincare - 7 Steps to Gorgeous Skin

Hey Beauty Bees,

As you read this I will be 25000 feet in the air on my way to my hometown in Canada. I will still be posting on my regular days during my trip but since today is travel day I figured what a perfect day to ask a lovely blogger to guest post for me. Cece from La Vie Cece has created an awesome post for you guys today about Winter Skincare!! Hope you enjoy it and don't forget to check out her blog too!!

At this time of year the days get shorter, the weather gets colder and my skin gets dryer. Living in the UK, I am very used to cold and wet weather but undoubtedly the winter wreaks havoc with my skin. Now winter is just around the corner, it's a great time to make a few changes to our skincare. I always take the opportunity to switch up my skincare routine and make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep dry skin at bay without turning my face into a big, over-oily, blackhead prone mess! Here's my 7 step guide to Winter skincare, if you suffer with dry winter skin some of these tips may help you back to a smooth, supple face!

1. Facial Time. At the beginning of the winter season I like to go for an exfoliating facial at my local beauty salon. I like to scrub away all that dead skin and have a nicely prepared canvass for the rest of my winter preparations. If you want to save some money (with Christmas just around the corner) Have a look at my DIY exfoliating facial scrub and mask here. I also have a full at home, salon style facial post coming very soon so keep your eyes out for that one!



2. Creamy Cleansers. Use a creamy cleanser to make sure you're removing all make-up and impurities from your skin without stripping it of all its moisture. Some foam or liquid cleansers can be very drying so make sure you use something that's nourishing to your skin, I like to use the Soap and Glory Peaches and Cream Purifying Cleanser. It#s my all time favourite cleanser and perfect for this time of year! You can see my full review here.



3. Exfoliate. I usually exfoliate once or twice a week only, you don't want to dry out or irritate your skin. Hands get especially dry in the colder months and feet are often stuffed into fluffy socks or UGG boots and forgotten about, so I make sure that I pay them some extra attention during their hibernation period! Use something like The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Rough Scrub in the bath or shower and make sure your skin is nice and smooth. Dry brushing is an addition to my body care routine that I try really hard to include when I have the time.


4. Moisturise. Switch up your moisturiser to something a bit richer and more nourishing in winter. I like Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur. Alternatively add in a moisturising serum under your moisturiser, my pick is Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Serum. Lastly, and probably my favourite option, add an oil into your night-time routine. I warm The Boy Shop's Brazil Nut Beautifying Oil in my hands and then press it into my skin over the top of my night cream... gorgeous skin overnight!


5. Give your Hands Some Extra Love. Our hands are hard worked and are usually exposed to the elements a lot, with the washing up and cleaning we do, they deserve an extra pamper. A good hand cream is a handbag essential for me in the winter. I'm currently carrying this handbag sized Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream for an extra surge of moisture when my hands really need it. Aveeno is another favourite of mine, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these!


6. Don't Forget Your Hair. One of my top tips is to simply wear a hat to protect your hair from the winter elements, however I know this isn't always practical. Aussie do a great Winter hair range so I'll be using their Winter Miracle Shampoo and Conditioner for extra glossy locks this season. It smells divine! If your hair is extra dry you could also use a moisturising hair mask or oil such as Redken's Real Control Intense Renewal or Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil which is a triple threat working as a nourishing oil, sunscreen filter and heat protection product. Flyaway and static hair is one of my worst winter enemies, so this year.. I'm ready for ya!


7. Drink lots of water! Generally staying hydrated is one of the best things we can do to keep our whole body in good condition. It's just as important in winter as summer to maintain hydration levels and I really do try to drink 1.5 to 2 litres per day. Try having bottled water nearby at all times to encourage you to keep topped up!

So this is what I'll be doing this Winter to keep myself in tip-top condition, I hope you've found some helpful tips! What do you change in your skin and haircare routines at this time of year?

I'd like to say a big thank-you to Linda for asking me to write this guest post for you all! I'd say I love skincare as much as I love make-up, I've certainly hauled a lot of winter additions to my collection lately and it's been lovely to be able to share some of them with you! I hope you enjoyed this post and would love if you had a nosey over at my blog La Vie Cece.Xx

Comments

  1. Great tips and great products. I can't wait to try the scrub from the body shop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.