Beauty Things That I Suck At


Hey Beauty Bees.


I was thinking alot today about all the different beauty things that I wish I knew how to do to make myself a better blogger and be able to put myself up there with some of the best. That was until I realized that I should not be trying to be like everyone, I should just be myself and do what I know best. Some bloggers are better at certain beauty tasks then others, but we are all different in our own unique ways. There have been many times I have read posts on makeup tutorials and I can never get my makeup the exact same as theirs or there are just certain methods of application that I can not master. This is why I decided do a post about all the makeup tasks that I either do not know how to do or that I just suck at!!


Winged Eyeliner
I absolutely love the look of winged eyeliner but I can never get it to look good no matter how much I try. I have had makeup artists do it for me and I think it looks great on me, but my own attempts always look either too squiggly, uneven or just weird. I give major props to all the women out there that can do a wing in one shot!!

Sock Bun
I am able to make a sock bun but it seems to be only certain days that it looks decent. It usually takes me around 5 or 6 tries for it to be on my head correctly and not be extremely messy. My sock bun donut seems to sit in my makeup storage drawers day by day mocking me every time I look at it and think about using it.

Contouring
This makeup trick is something I am not very practiced in which is why I suck at it. I try it only once in and while and even then it is all on my cheeks. The major full face contouring you see some women do is way out of my comfort zone. I always get lost on where to do it since I see so many different versions of it.

Painting Right Hand Nails
I think every woman says she sucks at this. It is just not physically possible to be able to paint your opposite nails. I usually have to go around with a Q-Tip and nail polish remover to fix all the mistakes I made. 

Washing my Makeup Brushes
I should really be slapping my wrist for this one since I go much longer then I should between washes. I use alot of different brushes every day so when it comes to washing them I just get so lazy and keep pushing it off. I want to invest in a spray that I can use for my brushes after each use to help keep them cleaner between washes.

Although I may not be so good at all these things, it never discourages me from trying and hopefully someday I will be able to say that I got better.

What beauty things do you think you suck at or wish that you could be better at?

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh I am the exact same at all of these! At the moment I'm trying to get back into contouring, but I have chubby cheeks so I always find it difficult to bronze haha!

    Great post :)
    Charlotte xx
    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! My chubby cheeks always make bronzer look so weird but blush always looks awesome

      Delete
  2. Omg this is so me! Lol. When I try winged liner I look like I'm imitating cleopatra :/
    Great read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And I know what you mean!! I feel like my whole eye ends of being black when I attempt a cat eye

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the winged liner, one eye always looks good and I can never match the other one so I give up. lol. The right handed polishing comes with practice- I've been a nail tech for 6 years now and I've finally mastered it with super minimal clean up. Have you hear of liquid Palisade? It's something you use around your fingers which you can peel off after you polish. Seems pretty cool. : )
    militaryandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that sounds interesting. I should definitely look into it and maybe do a review on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.