Best Beauty Products of 2014

Happy New Years Beauty Bees,

2014 is over and 2015 has taken over, but before we let that fully happen I wanted to go through my makeup vanity and show you all the beauty products I have loved over the past year. Most of these will likely continue on in my daily routine for the next months to come as well.

Some of these are still new to me but alot of them are products I have repurchased or are in need of repurchasing. 

Let the Best Beauty Product Awards of 2014 begin!!


Face
Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer- I use this bronzer everyday as my contour and I also love to just leave it open as I do my makeup since it smells soo good.

Pressed Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Buff Beige - The way this powder keeps my face from looking shiny throughout that day is remarkable. It also matches with my foundation well to give me the most flawless canvas.

Blush: NYX Powder Blush in Summer Peach - I lost this blush at the beginning of the year which was upsetting since I had searched for the perfect blush color for a long time. I found it again in late October and I have not used a different color since.
Foundation: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Buff Beige - This has been my favorite foundation for 2 years now. It is my perfect color and I love how it is a primer, foundation, and concealer in one. The added SPF makes it perfect for the Summer as well.

Concealer: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige - Once again a color that is a perfect match for my skin tone and it works wonders. This is my fourth tube this year and I will continue to buy this until I can not find it anymore.

Highlighter: Benefit's Watts Up Highlighter - I am not the biggest highlighter but when I want to add some light to my face I almost always reach for this product. I need to invest in a full size of this item soon.

Face Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer - Once again a product I have on my to buy list for a full size. This product is great to use with my other foundations that do not have primers already built in.

Makeup Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray Oil-Control - Whenever I do remember to use a setting spray (more for days that I am going to be out alot), I always reach for my De-Slick spray. Along with my powder, it keeps my face from being oily and keeps my makeup stay put without feeling like I am adding alot of product to my face.


Eyes
Single Shadow: Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure - On days I do not have the time to work with multiple different shadows, I grab this one and with one swipe my eyes look done up. It also lasts along time without a primer making it a good product to use during days that you need lasting power.

Eye-shadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked Palette - I know this palette is always being mentioned and pretty much every makeup guru has it but that just means its so great! This is my go to for my everyday nude eye makeup looks. I got it last year for Christmas and I use it at least 4-5 times a week and I still have not hit pan on any particular color since I mix it up everyday.

Eye-shadow Primer: Urban Decay Eye-shadow Primer Potion - This primer came with my palette above and I just ran out of it yesterday. It works extremely well and I most likely will be purchasing another bottle of it.
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - The first few times I used this mascara I deemed it as a basic mascara, but over the months I kept noticing me reaching for it more and more. It is now one of my favorite ones and I am always pairing it with another one that I like each day.

Eyeliner: Ulta Automatic Eye Liner in Black/Brown - In the past year I have moved from using black liners to chocolate and soft browns for everyday and keeping the black liners for days I really wanted to make a pop with my makeup. This Ulta store brand liner has been my everyday liner and this is the second one I have gone through.

Brow Pencil: Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color - I received this product in one of my earlier Ipsy bags. Until this year I never really filled in my brows but this skinny pencil made it so easy to do. 


Lips
Lipgloss: Pop Beauty Lipgloss in Peony Petal - I absolutely love this color and it matches with so many lipsticks that I own. Chris also seems to really love this color on me so that always helps.

Lipbalm: Softlips Lip Balm Cube in Vanilla Bean - I got this balm just a couple months ago but I use it multiple times a day and I am getting very close to getting to the end of it. It will be only the second time I have completely finished a full lip balm.

Lipstick: Caryl Baker Lipstick in Love Potion - This is my go to nude lipstick. One time I got my makeup done at Caryl Visage Makeup Studio and this is the color they used on me and I fell in love. I got a great deal on them and I am currently on number 2 out of 3 that I bought that day.


Body

Body Lotion: Bath and Body Works Merry Marshmallow Kiss Triple Moisture Body Cream - I know this is a Christmas scent from last year, but I have been obsessed with the scent of it. I have gotten many compliments about it also.

Face Moisturizer: Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer - My acne prone skin works will with this particular moisturizer since it has acne medication mixed in. I am currently out of this product as well but need to go buy a new one sometime this week.

Toner: Clean and Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Toner - I love this stuff because no matter how well I wash my face after wearing makeup, this product digs deep and gets every last bit of makeup off my face and out of my pores.


Other
Makeup Brush: RealTECHniques Powder Brush - I have gained quite a few makeup brushes this year (stay tuned for a makeup brush collection), but this is the only brush from this brand that I own and I plan on getting a full set of them. It works amazing and the bristles are the softest I have ever used.

Makeup Wipes: Yes to Cucumber Soothing Hypoallergenic Facail Towelettes - These makeup wipes are my absolutely favorite. I must have used around 7-8 packs this year. I currently am out (explaining the picture) and have not repurchased yet since I have a stock pile of travel size packs of makeup wipes that I have gotten from numerous places that I want to finish up first.

Hair Product: Not Your Mothers Beach Baby Texturizing Sea Salt Spray - This is my Summer/lazy day hair routine product. I just spray throughout wet hair and either let it air day or quickly blast with a hair dryer while scrunching. It leaves my hair soft and wavy while smelling like I just left the beach. I have a full size at my apartment but I bought this travel size specifically for my Holiday Vacation travels.

Perfume: Victoria Secret's Be A Bombshell Body Mist - As most of you already know, I prefer body mists and sprays over perfumes most of the time. You may also know I am addicted to the Be A Bombshell scent at VS. This is currently my third bottle of this spray and I wear it just about everyday.

Nail Polish: Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish in Pink - First of all, what a creative name...NOT. Every other polish has such cool names but this one is just so plain which is weird since this is not a plain pink color, it is neon!! (The picture does no give it justice) This has been my most used nail color of the year and I know next year will be the same.

Like the end of the year, we are finally at the end of this post. I hope you enjoyed all of my beauty favorites from this year and I can not wait to compare it to next years post to see what stays the same and what gets replaced. Stay Tuned for many new great posts for the year of 2015 and one again Happy New Years!!

What are your favorites of 2014? Leave me a link to your post or comment listing your favorites from the past year.




Comments

  1. Great blogpost. Really want to try and get my hands on NYX products as they sound amazing. This year I really loved collection lasting perfection concealer and sleek bronze block as well as lots of Makeup Revolution products :) x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Hun!! I absolutely love NYX products. I also have been wanting to try out some Makeup Revolution but I can not find any anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Can't go wrong with Urban Decay's Naked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.