How to Style the Peplum Trend for Everyday


Hey Beauty Bees,

There is a fashion trend that first grew popular in the mid-19th century, made a comeback to high fashion in the 1940's to 1950's and once again in the 1980's. Peplum styles are now here again in newer and better ways. They accentuate a women's shape and highlights the curves of the waist. 

Pepluma short flared, gathered, or pleated strip of fabric attached at the waist of a woman's jacket, dress, or blouse to create a hanging frill or flounce

What I love most about the peplum style is that it can work for any type of outfit, day or night. I styled some outfits for different occasion below and used the peplum style in many different ways beyond just a top.
Casual
LeggingsTopFlatsScarfWristletWatch

Work
TopSkirtBlazer, ShoesBag
Date
Dress, Shoes, Clutch, Necklace, EarringsBracelet
Pants, Shirt, Shoes, Bag, Necklace

If you liked this type of post let me know below and give me suggestions on trends you would like to see me style.

Also check out my last post - My Spring 2015 Fashion Wishlist



Comments

  1. Great post.have some peplum pieces myself x

    Mrsinlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, I want to add a peplum dress to my wardrobe soon.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post! I'm excited to try one of my peplum tops with leather pants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!! I think peplum tops with leather pants looks fab!!

      Delete
  3. Love this! The leather jeans idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wore an idea close to that one this past weekend, and it was a hit!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.