Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag February 2015 "#IPSYLOVE"


Hey Beauty Bees,

February's Ipsy bag is here and I could not wait to rip thru that packaging to get to the products I was highly anticipating for. If you read my Ipsy review from last month (check it out here), you would know that I was very disappointed in that bag and was hoping for better this time around. I always rate and review my products on my blog as well as on the actually website and I feel like Ipsy actually took all that into consideration this month. I am happy with every single product they sent me this month and I can not wait to share them with you.
If you are new to Ipsy, learn more about it here.

Like always I will start with the makeup bag that all the products came in. I was not surprised to see a pink bag since it is the month of Valentines Day. I really loved the pink/goldish plaid design on the traditional front zip bag that Ipsy is known for. This bag just seems very sleek compared to all the others I have gotten before, making me way to keep it displayed instead of using it in my purse or storing it with others for when I need them.

Here is what came inside my bag:

Cargo Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss in Anguilla - Sample Size $8
This was the product I was most excited for. I have never owned anything from Cargo and I have been dieing to. This lip gloss is such a pretty pale pink color and I think it will look great over the pink lipsticks I already own. It applied very well and felt very smooth on my lips almost like a lip balm, not extremely sticky at all. Surprisingly, it also smelt incredible. It will definitely be a product I will use alot in the Spring.
Joya Composition No. 1 Parfum - Sample Size $4.50
This travel-sized roll-on of perfume oil was a perfection addition for this bag. Although it is a very small sample, I am not upset since the very spicy fragrance with floral hints had me intoxicated. I usually carry a small bag in the Spring/Summer time so this sample will take up no room and be very easy to carry around.
Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504 - Full Size $16
To start, how cute is this pink brush!! I absolutely love getting makeup brushes in my bag!! I have been in need for a new contouring brush and this one will be perfect for that. This is a 100% Vegan and Animal Cruelty Free brush with soft synthetic bristles. I do not know how else to highlight that part of the description to help explain how soft this brush really is. It picked up blush and bronzer so well and worked amazing at applying the product to my cheeks. I can guarantee that I will be making this my top contouring brush as well as looking into buying more brushes from this brand. 
ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder in Peach Bellini- Full Size $22
If you are like me, packaging always helps a products initial impression. This blush's packaging is so sleek and pretty; I just want to display it. For the actually product, I am in love. It is the most pigmented blush I now own. The color is also gorgeous. The peach shade almost shines with a goldish tinge in the light, which will look amazing on the cheeks. 
Rob Scheppy for "Tini Beauty Eyeshadow" in Pearl Fizz - Full Size $12
Another great product for its pigmentation. This would make an awesome base on your lids and it feels very soft which is always nice. This nude shade is very pretty and I know I can see myself using it a ton, but I am a little disappointed in Ipsy at the same time. This is the third month in a row that I have received a nude shadow that has been very similar in color each time. I was hoping for an eye shadow of color this month, but we still have plenty of months to get that.
Figs and Rouge Nourishing & Soothing Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin - Full size $6
This is the product I purchased with my Ipsy points. The formula is great and makes your skin feel very soft, not surprising since it is made with shea butter. I was not very happy about the scent though which was definitely not in my fragrant taste. I do however fault myself in this since I was the one to choose the product, not Ipsy. (I am starting to think I should let them pick out perfume and lotions for me, since they pick out ones I love majority of the time.)

February's bag was valued at $68.50 and contained 2 samples and 4 full sized products. Ipsy has redeemed themselves to me this month and I was very happy to call myself an Ipster. I can see myself using every single product they picked out for me this month. It is extremely hard to say which product is my favorite but I think I will have to give it to the combo of the brush and blush used together. Great job this month Ipsy!!

Beauty Buzz Rating: 5/5





Did you get the same products in your Ipsy bag this month? Also let me know what other subscription boxes you would like to see me review

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Comments

  1. The angled brush looks amazing! The handcream also looks great, I need a new handcream :) Love the blog and this post xxx
    Lauren | shynature.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brush really is awesome!! Definitely try out Figs and Rouge, their formula is great.

      Thanks for the comment and visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.