Guest Post - 5 Ways To Treat Yo'Self on Valentine's Day by Kelsey Vickers

There are two types of people in this world - those who adore Valentine's Day and those who don't. If you're one of those who loves it but your boo-thang is nonexistent this year, you're probably beside yourself right now.

Luckily, V-Day doesn't just have to be about showing love to your significant other. In my opinion, the most important person you should show love to is the one looking back at you in the mirror. So if you're spending the day alone, here's some of my favorite ways to treat myself!
--- --- ---

1. Pamper yourself.

source
This is my #1 favorite thing on this list. I love pampering myself - any day of the year, really!
My personal pampering ritual usually includes a bubble bath, exfoliating/moisturizing, maybe a little wine (depending on the night - if you're of age, of course!), a mani/pedi, and a couple of DIY beauty treatments. I like making my own hair masks, face masks and body scrubs, Check out some of my favorite recipes here!

2. Do what you want to do.

source
Whether you want to stay in and spend the night with Netflix or go out with friends, it's your choice. You don't have to spend this day/evening any way you don't truly want to.
If you decide to go out, pull out all the stops. Try a new hairstyle, buy a new outfit and go to your favorite place (either with friends or as a lone wolf - it's up to you!)

3. Eat all the pizza.

source
Or Mexican food. Or french fries. Or sushi. Basically, treat yourself to a meal you truly love and enjoy it. If you're dieting, this is your cheat day. If not, well, carry on.

4. Write a love letter to yourself. 

source
Okay, it sounds super lame, but positive affirmations are one of my personal favorite methods of self care. Write down 20 things you love about yourself and keep it somewhere that you can easily pick it up and read it occasionally.
Self love is really the most valuable thing you can practice, and this is just one of those things that helps move it along tremendously.

5. Turn your home into a luxurious getaway.

source
If you've decided to stay in rather than go out, make your place feel as soothing and relaxing as possible. I like lighting candles all over the place (in safe areas, of course) and playing some soft music to relax myself. Grab your favorite blanket, curl up on the couch and enjoy your night!
--- --- ---

If you like what you see, Check out Kelsey on her Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram

Comments