Products I Would Not Repurchase

Hey Beauty Bees,

Sometimes we buy products on a whim that do not work out as well as we hope. Most of the time for me it is because they are on sale or I am just curious to try something new.

I have compiled a list of some of the products I have tried out in the last few months that I was not very impressed with. You may have had better experiences with them and I am in no way telling anyone not to try them out themselves. Everybody is different and certain formulas work better then others for certain people. These are just 6 products that I did not like and will not be repurchasing in the future.


Suave Professional Dry Shampoo Spray
I absolutely love dry shampoos and I have always enjoyed Suave shampoo and conditioner so I figured I would give their dry shampoo a shot. It did work well at soaking up excess oil but I noticed it left a white cast on my hair. I have light brown hair and it was still very noticeably. The can is also not the best, I used it only twice before the bottle stopped spraying correctly since the product got built up in the spray nozzle.

Daily Defense Moroccan Argan Oil Infused Shampoo and Conditioner
I was given this shampoo/conditioner set for Christmas which I had seen in stores many times and was excited to try. I was very disappointed after a few days once I noticed that these products were making my hair feel very heavy and not very clean. The formula of these products seemed very runny or watered down compared to the usually shampoos I use, causing it not to form a good lather in my hair.

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis Nail Gloss #515 Sangria

To start, I want to say that I usually love CoverGirl products and use many of them on a daily basis. On this pretense I thought that their nail polishes would be awesome as well. Unfortunately, it was very runny and did not dry very well leaving my nails looking streaky. The color was also very unflattering compared to what I thought it would be from the bottle. I am still up to trying out different colors in hopes that it was just this particular color or bottle since I have heard many others rave about these polishes.

CoverGirl Tru Blend Liquid Makeup Foundation
As most of you know, my favorite foundation comes from this brand, the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1. During a past beauty product shopping trip in July (check it out here), I found this new CoverGirl foundation that I figured I would try out. It was a decent foundation but definitely not a full coverage that I am used to with the Stay Fabulous. The color was also a little off where as their charts said the two should match up. I can definitely see myself finishing this bottle off but only using it on days that I do not need as much coverage.

Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask - Cucumber
Skincare products are a favorite of mine, which is why I try to test out as many different brands as I can. I am very used to using facial masks but this is the only one that I have had an issue with. This was one that you apply a thin layer all over your face and leave for 15 minutes until it dried completely and then you would be able to peel off. I was only able to leave it on for a couple of minutes because it made my face feel very itchy and having done masks like this before I knew it was not a normal feeling. I right away washed the product off my face and it left my face very red and the next day I noticed many breakouts. I have since then stuck only to mud masks that you can wash off or peel off masks that come on a paper sheet that you can peel off easily.

Nuetrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
I have heard so many people rave about these makeup wipes and I can understand why since they work very well at removing makeup, especially mascara. My only problem is that they leave an oily residue on my skin making me feel like I need to wash my face right away after using them. They have also caused me to break out multiple times. I tend to stick to the Say Yes to Cucumber Makeup Wipes or Ponds Cleansing Towelettes.

Many of these brands are ones that I have used for years and continue to use products from there lines. However, there are always going to be products that do not work for a certain person or are just not a favorite of someones particular taste. You will never know what you will love or hate until you try it. Hmm I sound like my parents when they first tried to make me try broccoli. Happy Shopping!!


Have you got any products you really regret buying? or do you agree with me on some of these?


Comments

  1. i agree with the covergirl, but the makeup re mover worked pretty well for me.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I hear alot of people really loving those wipes, I guess they are just not for me :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these, which is good! I don't like wipes in general and I stopped buying them 2-3 years ago! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you using cleansing water or oils like Bioderma or Garnier?

      Delete
    2. I use Bioderma on my skin and a dual phase makeup remover (usually from L'Oreal/Garnier) on my eyes, works like a dream for my sensitive skin! ;) x

      Delete
    3. Awesome!! I have been wanting to try Bioderma and have been trying to get some peoples opinion on it. Thanks!

      Delete
    4. I've tried micellar waters by Bioderma, Nivea, Garnier and L'Oreal! My favorite is the Bioderma and my least favorite the L'Oreal, it just isn't as effective as the other ones! Hope this helps :) x

      Delete
    5. It does! Thanks :) Do you have a blog I would love to check it out and even have you guest post about this topic if you are interested.

      Delete
    6. You're welcome! :) Yep I do have a blog, but I haven't reviewed any micellar waters yet, because I had not been very active. I will soon though :) Oh the guest post about the micellar waters sounds like a great idea, maybe something like the battle of micellar waters hehe! Here is the link to my blog :

      http://www.drugstoreandbargainlover.com/

      Delete
    7. Battle of Micellar Waters!! I love it. If you are interested send me an email and we can talk more about it.

      Italiana_1078@hotmail.com

      Hope to hear from ya soon.

      Delete
    8. I will definitely send you an e-mail in the next couple of days, because it's already 1:15am in Greece and I'm tired lol :) x

      Delete
    9. Om-gosh, I was just checking out your blog and noticed you were from Greece and was just thinking what time it must be. Have a good night hun and message me whenever you can :)

      Delete
    10. Hehe thanks Linda! Have a great rest of the day :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.