The Best and Worst Red Carpet Looks of the 2015 Oscars

Hey Beauty Bees,

Last night the 87th annual Academy Awards, aka Oscars, were on  and you know there was no way I was going to miss them. They were hosted by Neil Patrick Harris, who did an amazing job especially during his opening where he broke into dance and song including Anna Kendrick and Jack Black into his charades. It was hilarious but heart warming at the same time.

Throughout the night many awards went out to well deserving people such as Patricia Arquette, Julianna Moore, J.K. Simmons and Eddie Redmayne. Best motion picture went to Birdman and many great performances were done by Maroon 5, Lady Gaga, and Tim McGraw.

My favorite part is always the Red Carpet and what the celebrities are wearing while walking down that long stretch of spot light. I have put together my top 5 best and worst outfits of the night. These are my own opinions and what I thought looked good or not. I do encourage you to leave in the comments if you disagree with me as I always love hearing other peoples opinions.
The Best
Zoe Saldana - First I have to say that for a women who just had twins 2 months ago, this girl is looking amazing. I think this dress is draped so well and the color looks incredible against her skin color.
Anna Kendrick - The simplicity of this dress is what makes it look amazing. Usually I am not the biggest fan of  light pink dresses like this on the Red Carpet, but this one definitely worked for her. Having her hair put up helped this dress seem more glamorous as well.
Kelly Ripa - Love, Love, Love. From the pockets to the shiny material, Kelly knows how to pull off a big look. This dress just screams big award show. I even like that she did not try to add unneeded jewelry like a necklace to fill in the chest space that a strapless dress creates. She let the dress speak for itself and I definitely agree that it worked.
Reese Witherspoon - Black and white dresses are a favorite of mine and this sleek number makes the actress look amazing. The black strips help enhance the already crazy beautiful hourglass figure that Reese has.
Margot Robbie - The plunging neckline is what made me love this dress. She did not do it in a scandalous way and kept the rest of the dress very simple to let the focus remain where it needed to be. I even really liked the way the sleeves were sheer to give the illusion of showing off even more skin while not at the same time. This is very sexy but beautiful at the same time.
The Worst
Felicity Jones - I feel that this dress is a combination of two completely different looks. The top half seems like it needs to be a sleek dress where as the bottom is a full ball gown where you would want a more breathable top. Together I am not a fan but if taken apart, I think it could be made into two separate nice dresses.
Behati Prinsloo - I just don't understand why designers put an overcast of weird looking objects over dresses with frill. It just looks very bad and in this particular dress itchy as if she had chicken pox.
Lorelai Linklater - This dress confuses me, their is just too much going on with the two separate designs and then the over powering thigh high slit.I think this dress would have looked much better if from the waist down was just a plain black skirt. There is just to many places for your eyes to jump, making it very hard to focus.
Julianne Moore - I would actually really like this dress if all the flowers were taken off, they just do not make much sense to me. Even with the right placement of them could have made this dress more appealing to the eye.
Keira Knightley - I actually sat for about 5 minutes deciding if I liked this dress or not. I came to the conclusion that I do like the look of it but feel that it was not worn to the right type of event. In my eyes, the Oscars are for glamorous dresses where as I feel this one is more meant for some sort of event outside award shows.
What were your favorite looks at this years Oscars?

Comments

  1. I agree with your comments. Anna Kendrick, Zoe Saldana and Reese Witherspoon's dresses were my favorites. They looked beautiful!

    Cristina
    http://cristina.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they did :) I cant wait until the next awards show to see what designers come out with.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely about Kiera Knightly, it looks like she needs a flowery headband. Not a bad thing but not for the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, personally I want that design as a sweater.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.