The Mother's Day Gift Guide

Hey Beauty Bees,

Have you noticed all the stores starting to pop up with sales for that one special person in our lives. Yes Mom I am talking about you. With Mother's Day approaching fast, what is a better way to show your own Mom how much you love and appreciate her with a little (or big) gift.

Unfortunately for me, this Mother's Day will not be spent with my Mom since I live in a whole different country then her. However, she will be visiting me later in the month of May along with some other family members. 

I then started to think about what would I get my Mom if I were back in Canada and I came up with so many great ideas for her. I also made a more generic gift guide for you to spark ideas for your own Mothers.

My Mom and I have a shared interest in fashion and shopping, since that is what we loved to do all the time, hit up the mall. These are four gifts I know my Mom would love to receive for Mother's Day.

Ipsy Subscription - Over the past year, my Mom would get just as excited about seeing that pink mailer in our mailbox then I did. She would always wait for me to get home and have me show her what I got. She also was the lucky one that I shared some of the goodies with if there was certain items that would work for her better than myself. She also has gotten to keep many of the extra makeup bags that I collected over the months. I know for a fact, my Mom would love to get her own monthly bag. (If you think your Mom would like a gift like this, you can use my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h)

Cashmere Glow Body Wash - Once again I am the one to blame for this new found product obsession of my Mother's. I had bought the Cashmere Glow body wash from Bath and Body Works but switched it out for a new scent half way through. My Mom tried it out one day and has been in love ever since.

Charming Charlie Earrings - I have a huge makeup collection and own way too many clothes. My Mother's great collection is her earrings. She owns quite a lot and they are all big statement pairs. You would never catch her dead in a simple pair of studs. I know for a fact she would love to get a new pair of shiny ear chandeliers. 

Charlotte Russe Wedges - All the woman in my family have always been very short including my Mom and I. At 5'4" I have accepted my height and embrace it. My Mom however will never be caught dead without a pair of heels. She would sleep in them if she could, making these wedges a perfect gift for her.
Now of course, your Mother may have different interests than mine but here is a very basic list of items that I think any Mom would love to receive.

Perfume - I know I absolutely love receiving bottles of perfume since they tend to be a pricier item to spend on ones self. If you ever notice your Mom's signature perfume bottle looking low and its near this time of the year, I know she would definitely appreciate a replacement bottle. 

Flowers - No matter the age or interest of the Woman you are buying for, we all love to get flowers. I am very traditional and I love to get roses but other great options are carnations, tulips, lilies, and orchids. If you wanted to do something over and beyond, you could take your Mom to a green house nearby or any store that sells flowers and let her pick out some that you could then plant in her garden for her.

Scarves - In the area I am from, Spring can not decide if it wants to be officially here or not. We are still having some very chilly days. Even if you are in a part of the country that is already welcoming the warm weather, scarves can still be a great fashion accessory year round.

Lush Bath Bombs - I think we can all agree that nothing is better then soaking in a nice warm bath after a long day. We can also agree that Lush bath bombs make bath time so much more enjoyable. Bath salts or bubbly bath make a great gift as well.

Jewelry - This gift is where my introduction came from. While walking through the mall last night, every single jewelry store had many advertisements about Mother's Day deals. I think Pandora charm bracelets would make a great gift, especially since you can customize them for your Mom.

Nail Polish Sets - No matter what the occasion is, I always think that nail polish is a good gift for women, With all the cute Spring sets that are out there, it would be impossible to find one with colors that your Mom would not like. (The one above is from Sephora)

Candles - I honestly don't think I need to explain this more than candles are amazing.

Anything from Bath and Body Works - Everyone loves to smell good and with so many different products from body mists to lotions to room sprays, I am positive that you will find something in your Mom's favorite scent. *Tip: I would reach for a light floral or vanilla scent if you are not sure what type of fragrance the receiver likes since they are the most common favorites.

Now that you have the ideas on what to get your Mother, all you will need is a pretty bag, some tissue paper and a card where you gush about how much you love your Mom or, for the more simple people, sign your name with a big heart.

What are you planning on buying for your Mom this Mother's Day?


Comments

  1. Lovely post, Linda! I think I might go to Ulta and see if they have any eye catching nail polish sets. My mom loves nail polish. Looking forward to your next post! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Guilianna! I absolutely love Ulta, I could spend hours on end exploring that store. I am sure you will find a great nail polish set for your Mom there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.