Beauty Buzz Trial - Graze Box

My two graze boxes.
Hey Beauty Bees,

Sooooo, I got really hungry the other day while writing my post about being an organized blogger, and in turn ended up speaking with a rep from Graze box about doing a review on their snack boxes. Graze is a mini-snack subscription box that sends a customized selection of treats weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. I was sent 2 of their 4 snack variety boxes and did they ever look delicious. 

While I was researching more into how this company started I was so touched to learn that the creators of Graze box were all friends and honestly just wanted to find some better tasting healthy snacks. They have created over 100 interesting snacks and there are a ton more to come. They also work at being environmentally friendly, by using 100% biodegradable & 100% recyclable packaging and paper.

The graze box logo.

The Cost: $6.99 per box for a 4-snack box, $11.99 per box for an 8-snack box.

I got to try out the Variety box but they have two other versions: Light Box & Kids Box. 

Since I had so many snacks here to try out I thought it would be fun to ask my husband to try them out with me. Although he is in school for criminal justice, he has been a chef for many years and he has an amazing palette for tasting out food so I figured he would be able to help me judge these snacks better then I would just on my own.
All the snacks in my two graze boxes
**For each snack we both gave our opinion and a rating out of 10.
The first graze box.

The second graze box.
Beach Bum (Pineapple, coconut flakes and chewy banana coins)
L (8/10) - I love coconut flavored treats and this tasted really good, just a little too chewy for me.
C (8.5/10) - This is really delicious. Love the banana chips, remind me of plantains.

Key Lime Pie (Lime raisins, mini meringues, vanilla cookie drops and green raisins)
L (4/10) - You could definitely taste key lime pie, but they were just way to sweet and sugary for my taste buds.
(6/10) - I liked it but would not recommend for healthy eaters since there is 24g of sugar in this small package.

Fiery Seeds (Chili pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
L (5/10) - I love the spicy flavor but I am not a fan of sunflower seeds.
C (9.5/10) - Baseball Players rejoice, a sunflower seed we can out outside the park. I love these!!

Thai Sweet Chili Bites (Sweet chili sauce with baked soy bites)
L (7.5/10) - I get more spice than sweet, but I thought they were pretty good. Would love a jar of the sauce, not so much for the cracker type things.
C (8/10) - The cracker is like a rice krispie to me and I find it more sweet. Seems like a perfect Asian dessert.

Fruity Mango Chutney (with black pepper dippers)
L (3.5/10) - I found the dippers to have too much pepper on them and did not mix well with the mango chutney.
C (7/10) - Over spicy cereal type cracker again but I liked the chutney since you can really taste the mango. Just wish I had a different dipper.

Chili and Honey Almonds (roasted almonds seasoned with chili and honey)
L (9.5/10) - This smells amazing and tastes even better. Perfect for anyone who love mixing spicy and sweet.
C (8/10) - The initial taste is almost exotic, definitely recommend to people who enjoy mild spice. 

Fruit and Seed Flapjack (Rustic rolled oat flapjack with mixed seeds and dried fruits)
L (9/10) - I loved these!! Sweet, soft, perfectly chewy and so tasty.
C (4.5 on presentation but 9/10 overall) - My flapjack had a really hard inedible seed, which I at first thought was a rock, so it turned me off at first but it did have a disclaimer on the sheet saying there might be hard seeds inside. Besides that, it tasted amazing and recommend to everyone.

Lightly Salted Popcorn (lightly solid)

Unfortunately, I burnt the popcorn so we really could not give an honest review on it. We did love the miniature personal bag though.

The downside is I kind of wish I got some of the other snacks I saw on the website, it was very hit and miss. Some I loved and some I really wish never made it onto my taste buds. This is more of a personal point since it is hard to really do a review based just on taste since everybody likes different kinds of food and flavors. Also, some of the snacks did not seem as healthy as I was expecting once I started to read the nutritional info.

Overall, I think Graze box is an interesting subscription especially since I am a big snacker. Price-wise, four different snacks for seven bucks is a really good deal. I also really love that each snack comes in its own little closed package to keep it fresh. It is perfect for someone who likes to try different healthy snacks or needs something to toss into a lunch when heading out in the morning. I know most of these I probably would have never grabbed in a store before but now I wish I could find them. I am also impressed that the box is sleek enough to be able to fit into most standard mailboxes so you do not have to worry about missing your package and needing to pick it up at the post office.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5

Check out Graze's website for more information on joining their monthly subscription.
www.graze.com

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent this subscription box for free from Graze. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. 


Comments