My Top 5 YouTube Beauty Gurus

Hey Beauty Bees,

This past week was a very special week for me as it was my 1 year blogiversary. On this day, I got to thinking a lot about how and why I started my blog and one of the biggest contributors was YouTube.

Youtube logo
For many years now, I have had an obsession with watching different makeup and fashion videos on YouTube and this is where I learned all about "beauty gurus". I remember the first YouTuber I ever subscribed to was Bethany Mota and I would watch her videos every day, constantly on the look out for any new ones. Since that time I now follow and subscribe to over 20 different beauty channels and keep myself updated on all the newest videos that they upload.

This helped my love of makeup and fashion grow and my interest into starting my own beauty outlet. At first I thought I would start my own YouTube channel but I could not see myself sitting in front of a camera and sharing my opinions through video. Instead, I took my other love of writing and aspiration to be a journalist as the best path and started my blog.

Now although I follow multiple channels, there are 5 specific ones that I love the most and wanted to share with you guys. These girls all have different personalities and every single one inspired me in a different way on starting my blog.


1. Bethany Mota aka "MacBarbie07" - Bethany was the first YouTuber I ever watched and I loved all the beauty and fashion hauls that she uploaded. I learned a lot of my essential beauty tips from her and really enjoyed all the different DIY's she came up with. I also absolutely love her clothing line from Aeropostale and have collected quite a few pieces from it.

2. Lindsey Hughes aka "Beautybaby44" - I can honestly say that Lindsey Hughes is my favorite YouTuber. She has the best beauty and fashion sense which I think matches closest to my style out of all the girls and I love watching all her different videos. She also has the greatest vlogs to watch where you can follow her in Los Angeles since she moved there for College from Georgia. Its a dream of mine to meet and spend a day shopping with her!!

3. Samantha aka "PiinkSparkles" - Samantha is the only Canadian (where I'm from) beauty guru that I watch. She has such a fun, carefree style that is so refreshing to see and shares such a strong message about being true to yourself and that everyone is beautiful. She is also very upbeat and silly which makes her videos great to watch. She does a series called Taste Test Tuesday where she tries out different foods and I think it is the funniest thing to watch when she gets excited about certain foods.

4. Tracy and Stefanie aka "EleventhGorgeous" - This sister duo are so much fun to watch. They are always making me laugh with there silly sayings or crazy outbursts. especially during their "How Not to Wear Makeup" videos. My favorite type of videos from these two are there hauls or monthly subscription unboxings. They are also always giving back to their subscribers, hosting multiple giveaways here and there.

5. Meghan Hughes aka "MissMeghanMakeup" - Meghan (yes Lindsey's sister, which is how I discovered her) is literally a ball of sunflower sunshine. She is so positive and happy in her videos, making them my go-to when I am having a bad day. Even though her fashion style is very unique and the farthest from my own, I really love her beauty and other "random" videos. She also does weekly vlogs that are so fun to watch as she also lives in Los Angeles with her older sister. She is a quirky, funny, carefree girl just out enjoying her life!!




I am happy to be supporters for each one of these amazing creators and hope the best for them throughout their YouTube days. These 6 beautiful girls are an inspiration to me and will continue to be during the rest of my own blogging career. You all should check them out and you will instantly see why I love watching their videos.

What YouTubers do you like to watch or have inspired you someway in your life?

Comments

  1. I love Bethany! I also love Zoe (Zoella) she's my all time favorite youtuber.
    aabgeenali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive just recently started to watch Zoella! She is great too!!

      Delete
  2. I love Bethany and Lindsey! They are by far my favorite! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks for the comment Guilianna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.