The 5 Type of Sandals You Need for Summer

beach with sandals
Hey Beauty Bees,

I have been going through my shoes today, putting away my boots and moccasins while pulling out all my sandals from last year. There are so many different type of sandals that I have been seeing girls wear lately and I wanted to dedicate a post to talking about the different types that I think everyone should have in their arsenal for this upcoming season.

I love shoes from absolutely anywhere but lately the sandals I have been wearing are from Forever 21, DSW and Charlotte Russe. I just recently did a shoe haul on my blog with all the newest pairs of shoes I have bought in the last few weeks.

These are the five sandal types:



Gladiator
These super-strappy Roman style sandals are the most common and popular designs found in the market. With many straps on the sole to hold the foot to the upper sole, a gladiator sandal has a thick band which goes around the ankle to keep the foot secured in position. I find these to be extremely comfortable and sexy to wear to places like a bar or club.
Flip-Flop
"These casual sandals are named after the sound that they make when the wearer walks. The flip-flop sandal, also known as thong, secures the foot through a strap that passes from between the first two toes extending to each side of the foot, thereby forming a ‘Y’ shaped strap. Originally made from rubber or leather and worn on the beach or around the house only, they are now made in so many different ways and are worn pretty much everywhere (although I do not suggest wearing them to your workplace unless you are a lifeguard)

A wedge sandal is distinguished by a wedge heel that has a sole capped off with a small heel. Wedges provide a good balance and support and are mostly made to be worn with fashionable dresses. I prefer ones that are made of cork since they tend to be the most light and are very durable.

T-Strap
A t-strap is a sandal that goes between your toes and hooks onto the ankle strap holding the foot firmly in place. Such sandals offer minimal coverage of the foot. I love these the most since they come in so many different designs and I find them the most comfortable. 
If you are well-trained to walk on heels, then platform sandals can be a perfect fashion accessory for you. Fancier alternative to flat sandals, platform sandals comes with thick soles of at least four inches height. I am not the biggest fan of these type of sandals but some girls can really pull them off.
platforms

Having just one pair of each of these five styles of sandals will have you ready for the Summer. Each pair has its own perfect matching outfit or event and will make it that much easier to getting ready in the morning. 
I personally love T-Strap, Gladiator and Wedges the best. Which are your favorite type of sandals from this list?

Comments

  1. My favourites are t strap and gladiator sandals :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I love gladiators and wedges!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, do u find wedges so much easier to walk in then heels

      Delete
  3. Sliders and gladiators are my faves this summer!

    xxMel
    goldrusssh.blogsopt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of gladiators but don't own any yet!

    Mrsinlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.