Tips on Different Types of Swimsuits

Hey Beauty Bees,

Last week I did the "I Heart Summer Tag", and one of questions asked if I preferred Bikinis, Tankinis or One Pieces. When I was done writing that post, it got me searching online for some new bathing suits and I found way more than I thought I would.

I remember when there use to be only three types a two piece triangle bikini, a tankini and a one piece swimsuit. Now there is so many different styles and designs that you can literally get any kind of suit that you want. Here are just a few of the latest trends for swimsuits; high neck crop top, retro high waisted, sporty chic, ruffles, and sexy cut-outs.    

This is a chart that shows some of the many different cuts of tops and bottoms.
The different styles of swim suits
While I was searching for some new suits, I found so many that I thought you guys would love that follow a lot of the mentioned trends but are still within the three main types. Which one is your favorite?
Favorite tankinis
Anthropologie - Top $78.00 Bottom $44.00
American Eagle - Top $39.95 Bottom $24.95
Anthropologie - Top $122.00 Bottom $37.00
As you can see good swim suits do not come cheap, so here are some tips on making your precious bikinis last longer.
1. It all starts at the beach! Avoid sitting on rocks or rough surfaces without a towel. I think we’ve all had a bikini that got ruined by a snag or tear in the booty area!
2. Rinse off after going in salt water or chlorinated pools whenever you can.
3.  After the beach keep your suit in a wet bikini bag, instead of thrown into the depths of your beach bag. This will also spare your bag from getting wet and anything else inside.
4. DO NOT PUT BIKINIS IN THE WASHING MACHINE! All the movement in the washer can damage a delicate suit, leaving things bunched, stretched, or otherwise ill-fitting. Bikini’s should be rinsed in the shower or hand washed with a mild soap in warm water. 
5. Do not hang to dry in the sun, rather hang them in the shower/shade. Sunshine can actually fade the color from your suit.
6. You should always prep a brand new suit before taking it to the beach. A 30-minute soak in a vinegar and water mixture (one tablespoon white vinegar per quart of water) should prevent dye from bleeding.

I would love to hear any of your tips for keeping your bikinis in their best condition.

Comments

  1. Fabulous, what a website it is! This blog gives useful data
    to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad
    that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for every other informative site. Where else may I am getting
    that kind of info written in such an ideal manner? I have a challenge
    that I am simply now working on, and I have been on the
    glance out for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about >"Tips on Different Types of Swimsuits" <Liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with
    the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Either way keep up the excellent quality writing,
    it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its such as you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this,
    such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you could do
    with some p.c. to power the message home a little bit, but instead
    of that, that is fantastic blog. An excellent read.
    I will certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.