Guest Post - Summer MVP's: Most Valuable Products by Kelsey Vickers

When summertime rolls around, I find that I become a lot more particular about the products I use. I tend to lean more toward a fresh face and using products that will keep me looking great all day long regardless of how hot it gets. These are a few of my MVP products that I NEED in my beauty kit during the summer - what are some of yours?

---   ---   ---

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
Not only is this one of my holy grail beauty products, but it's something I can't be without during the Summer. I think we can all agree that keeping our makeup in place gets especially tough in hot weather, and this setting spray is probably the most important product you could use to keep your face from melting (not cute). 

Victoria's Secret Beach Angel perfume
Nothing is better than having a fresh Summer scent, and this perfume is absolutely perfect for that! I picked it up at the semi-annual sale a few weeks ago and I'm officially obsessed. It's light and beachy with a nice floral fragrance, plus, the bottle is gorgeous - what more do you need?

Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease
This is a hair product I recently bought that I can't live without. It's a dry touch finish spray that adds texture to your hair, which I love during the summer because I tend to be a lot more relaxed with my hairstyles when it's hot outside. What I like to do on a typical summer day is wash my hair, let it air dry and then spray it with this stuff for added texture (and it also smells fantastic!)

Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Primer
I had this primer recommended to me by an employee at Ulta awhile back and I'm so happy I decided to give it a shot. I'm also obsessed with Urban Decay, so I really couldn't resist! But this primer is fantastic to have when it's hot out because it helps lock your makeup in place even more. I always use this primer with the setting spray, and the two of them together work fantastic to keep my makeup from sliding off when it's hot out.

L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder
If you're in the market for a foundation that's light and evens out your skintone nicely, this is the stuff for you! I love this foundation during the Summer because it's so light you can barely feel it on your skin, which is ideal for hot weather. The coverage level is light to medium, so you'll need a concealer with it if you have problem areas to cover up, but otherwise it's perfect. You also don't even need a powder over it if your skin is more on the dry side. Bonus!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Ibiza
I think it's safe to say I have a problem with NYX lip products, especially their soft matte lip creams, If you've never tried these out before, I suggest you hit up your local Ulta ASAP. They're light, stay in place and they're beautifully pigmented. This shade is my absolute favorite for summer - it's a gorgeous coral/pink-ish shade that would look gorgeous on any skin tone. Wearing a bold lip is a great way to look like you're trying without having to cake on a ton of makeup, which is my favorite look to rock during the summer. It's a foolproof way to look put together.

Urban Decay Shadow Box palette
When you're trying to keep your beauty products to a minimum during the summer for traveling or just keeping a more streamlined makeup bag, having one palette that can cover all your bases is essential. What I love about this palette is that you can achieve practically any kind of look you need with it. It includes bright shades, neutrals, darks and lights, shimmers and less shimmery shades ... you can do any sort of look with this! And the shadows are absolutely stunning and well-pigmented.

Comments