My Gym Bag Essentials

My Gym Bag Essentials
Hey Beauty Bees,

Over the past few weeks, Chris and I have been getting back into going to the gym and getting into shape. One day while I was running on the treadmill my hair tie broke but was realived when I remembered I always keep extra on hand. I thought it would be a great idea to share with you what essentials I bring with me to the gym.
Gym bags
You need to start out with a good gym bag. Any tote or duffel bag will do, but I like to choose ones that are colorful or printed. I also like to find ones that have different compartments so I can keep certain items separate like my water bottle and headphones/Ipod. I am currently using this bright blue bag from Victoria Secret Pink.


Now to fill our bag:

Running shoes
One of the most important items in my bag are my Nike running shoes. Most gyms prefer that you bring a clean pair of shoes that are only used for the gym. Keeping your runners in your gym bag will keep you from forgetting to grab them on your way out. If you are worried about mixing them in with the other items in your bag, you can always keep them in a shoe or purse dust bag.
Clothing for the gym
Most of the time I wear my work out clothes to the gym but I like to keep an outfit in my bag just in case I want to squeeze in a work out without going home first. My outfit usually includes shorts or leggings, a tank top and a good sport bra. In my bag right now are the above three Activewear items from Old Navy. They have some of the best work out clothing that are budget friendly. I also love to get work out gear from Target, Victoria Secret, Marshalls and Lulu Lemon. Earlier this year I wrote a post all about picking out cute but reliable workout gear.
My Gym Bag Essentials
Here are all the other items I like to keep in my gym bag:

  1. Water Bottle - I always keep my water bottle in my bag because if I put it in the cabinet after washing, it will stay there.
  2. Brush - Wet brushes are my favorite brand of hairbrush because they do not get tangled or pull on my hair. It is perfect to tame my hair before and after my workouts. 
  3. Hair ties - I love using the ceaseless hair ties because it makes it easier to fix my hair after a workout if I have to run errands or go anywhere else before home.
  4. Deodorant - I think this one is pretty self explanatory. 
  5. Headphones - I actually have three pairs of headphones; one for my gym bag, purse and desk. This is so I never forget them.
  6. Makeup Wipes - I don't always shower at the gym (since I am usually heading right home afterwards) so these just help freshen up my face and body so I am not sweaty in the car. I also use them to take my makeup off before a workout if I wore any that day.
  7. Gym Key - I find it easier to leave my gym key in my gym bag so everything is together and ready to go.

Scentbird subscription - Aqualina Pink Sugar Sensual
The final and, in my opinion, most important thing I keep in my gym bag is my Scentbird subscription purse spray. I have a phobia of ever smelling bad so I always spritz a little bit on my way out of the gym.

If you have never heard of this before, Scentbird is a monthly perfume subscription that sends you authentic designer perfumes from brands such as Marc Jacobs, Versace, Gucci and Vera Wang. Each month you will receive an 8ml purse spray filled with the perfume of your choice. This month I received their Limited Edition Pink Perfume case (normally black) which held my month's perfume choice, Aqualina Pink Sugar Sensual. I absolutely love this subscription and was so happy that they had this particular scent available. If you want to learn more about this subscription you can check out my review on it here or you can check out their website - https://www.scentbird.com/

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I like to bring with me to the gym. What are your gym bag essentials? Snap a pic of your gym bag and tweet it to me @leepoe1.




*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this post however I was sent this subscription for free from Scentbird. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. 

Comments