Summer Road Trip Essentials

Hey Beauty Bees,

Our bags are packed and this morning we leave Indianapolis! We have had a great trip but we are ready to get back home. Of course, we have the next 15 hours in a car until we are there but with the right essentials, this road trip should be just as good as the first. 

Everybody has their own essential items that they like to bring with them on long drives but I wanted to share what Chris and I brought on our Summer road trip.

To start out you have to be wearing something comfortable. For me I am the most comfortable in leggings and tank tops, Victoria Secret PINK and Forever 21 make my favorites. Since the car can go back and forth between hot and cold, especially if you are driving at different times of day, I keep a loose hoodie close by. Dressing in layers is always your best bet because you can easily add or eliminate throughout the trip. For shoes, I am just wearing a comfy pair of slide on sandals in case I want to kick them off at any point. The last item I need are my sunglasses because that sun can get very irritating while driving. 
I like to stash a makeup bag full of essential beauty products in my purse or the center console for easy access. A hair brush, hair ties and travel size dry shampoo are perfect for over night or extended road trips since this will help your hair from looking crazy. Rollerball perfumes and deodorant are great to keep yourself smelling and anyone else in the car will appreciate it as well. Now my skin tends to get really dry during car rides so lotion and chapstick are very important to keep my hands and lips moisturized. These last few items are very basic but extremely useful: tissues, tylenol, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, and makeup wipes. 
Now you can stare out the window counting telephone poles for your whole trip if you really want to or you can pack some of these items to keep yourself from getting majorly bored. The number one item I must have is my cell phone because it is a book, music player, and game console all in one, just don't forget any portable chargers or adapters to keep the battery from dying. I also like to bring books, magazines, cds and a blanket/pillow with me so I can cuddle up in my seat and just relax.
The next most important item is cash. This is very important if you need to fill up on gas or are going through any tolls. It is also helpful if you want to pick up some snacks at any pit stops. Chris and I decided we want to bring a small cooler with us filled with water bottles and some snacks. This will help us save some money since many of those highway pit stops are very overpriced.

Lastly, enjoy your trip!! Road trips give you the opportunity to see parts of the country that you may not have seen before. Take out your camera or phone and snap some pictures of the sights you are passing and don't forget to post them on Instagram and Facebook. Check out my Instagram account @BostonBeautyBuzz to see all the pictures I am posting throughout my whole trip.

Also check out my last post all about Keeping Up With Your Blog While On Vacation.



Comments