The Makeup Tag - A One Year Update

Hey Beauty Bees, 

One year ago I did the Makeup Tag and answered a ton of questions all about what beauty products and tools I use. Over time products ran out and I started to find newer and better makeup that I use on a daily basis. I thought it would be fun to answer these same questions again and then refer back to my old answers to see what has changed or stayed the same.

If you want to compare, you can check out the old post here.

What foundation do you use? 
I am still really loving Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation in buff beige since it covers so well and has SPF.

How about concealer? 
I have two concealers I use for my daily makeup routine. For my under eyes I use the Cargo Jet Lag concealer and for spot concealing I use Cover FX cream concealer but only when needed since my foundation usually covers up most of my imperfections.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I have tons of cool pairs sitting in my makeup drawers however I do not use them a lot, unless its for Halloween or events like weddings, conferences or parties. 

What brand of mascara do you use?
My top two favorites as of right now are Covergirl's The Super Sizer mascara, which makes my lashes look amazing, and Benefits Roller Lash that curls and lifts.

Sephora or MAC? 
Sephora of course. However, I have been doing a lot more online shopping for makeup directly from the brands website like Urban Decay, Benefit and Bare Minerals.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application? 
I have been using more tools lately then before. I regularly use my Beauty Blender but I also tend to use face/eye brushes, spooly brushes, eyelash curlers, q-tips, and the best tool of them all, my fingers (which can blend out products better than you will ever imagine).



Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? 
I have been loving Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation primer for my face.  I can always tell when I forget this step as my makeup does not stay on as long and I sometimes break out from its absence. Nothing has changed for my eyes as I am still using Urban Decays Primer Potion.

What is your favorite eye shadow (color or shade)?
With all the new makeup palettes I have gotten over the year, I can not pick just one eye shadow. I will say that my most used palette right now is Urban Decay's Smoky palette since these shades are so versatile and glamorous. You can see my full review on it here.



What do you think of pigment eye shadows? 
Nothing has changed here, like I wrote last year... "I am not a fan of these since they are much messier and harder to work with. " I have received tons of pigment shadows in subscription boxes and they just sit in my makeup collection unused.

What is your favorite lipstick?
I honestly cannot choose one with all the great lipsticks I have collected. The color I wore today was this really vampy purple Butter Lipstick from NYX. I love the names of these lippies, this one is Hunk.

How about lipgloss? 
My favorite lip gloss is the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Spark Plug that I received as a birthday gift from their FAB (Friends and Benefits) program. I really love wearing this color alone or pairing with similar colored lipsticks.

Do you like drugstore makeup? 
Yes, but I have been on a huge high-end makeup kick, especially with all the beautiful Fall lines that have been coming out.

Name a makeup crime that you hate? 
I use to hate when people used too much bronzer but there is a new makeup crime that I hate - unblended foundation. It does not look good when there are streaks or caked product on your face Also, if your face is one color and your neck is another, you need to learn to either pick out the right shade, get a tan or BLEND BLEND BLEND! I am always very careful to make sure my foundation is blended well and that the color matches my skin tone.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones? 
I like both!


What is your favorite blush to use? 
My favorite blush is the matte rosey pink shade in the ELF Blush palette. I love blush palettes a lot because it gives me the chance to try out different shades each day, plus its a great travelling product.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use? 
I know I said concealer before because of my problem with acne, but I now much prefer moisturizer with some sort of SPF. If my face is well moisturized, it just looks so much better. I have been using a lot of tinted moisturizers as well since it can give me a little bit of coverage if I need it while still giving my face what it needs.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes and in the heat of this Summer, I prefer it! I tend to wear makeup a lot more from September to around June. The Summer months you will only catch me in makeup if I am going somewhere important otherwise I am most likely makeup-less.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Last year I choose Covergirl and Too Faced and I would have to say I still agree with my drug store choice but I would change the high-end to Urban Decay. These are my two favorite and most used makeup brands.

What do you think of Makeup?? 
"I love it! It’s fun – it’s expression and art in a way." I explained it perfectly last year.

Comments

  1. All the products that were mention are great products! Thank you for sharing!


    Cat Kock| http://catheartbudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bad bad beauty blogger. I don't care much about color makeup. But if someone did a tag like that about skincare, I'll be all over it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that is a great idea. I will definitely be looking into doing a Skincare tag!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.