Beauty Buzz Trial - Olfactif Subscription Box

Beauty Buzz Trial - Olfactif Subscription Box
Hey Beauty Bees,

With Summer coming to a close, a lot of us have been searching for the perfect scent to end the season off right. Olfactif monthly perfume subscription has dedicated this month's box to relishing all the glory of Summer as it winds down to its end. 
Olfactif Subscription Box
If you have not heard of them before, Olfactic is the original niche perfume discovery service for women and men. There boxes come in both a unisex and men's option. Around the first of each month, they send out three 2.25 ml glass spray vials with some of the finest and hardest-to-find perfume samples from niche artists around the world. Each vial has enough perfume for 15-20 wears and they also give an $18 credit to put toward a full bottle of a featured scent, every month.

What is niche perfume? "Niche perfume is hard to find, unless you happen to live in New York or Paris. Unlike the companies that make mainstream scents, the people who make niche perfume aren't obsessed with conforming to trends and mimicking last year's best sellers. They value creativity and originality, and they make things you won't smell on department store counters."

Subscription Price:
1 month ($18/month)
3 month ($17/month)
6 month ($16/month)
12 month ($15/month)
Earth Wind Fire
The collection I received to review is the August 2015 set called "Earth, Wind, Fire".
Olfactif Subscription Box
Here are the three scents that came in this collection:

The Good Earth/Atelier de Geste/(Earth's green beauty)
Notes: Galbanum, fresh leaf, bouquet, geranium, peony, bamboo, opoponax, precious moss oil.

Review: This definitely smells floral-y with almost a spicy scent which I think smells amazing. It reminds me of the cologne my Father use to wear all the time and it definitely is a strong male scent. It is actually the subtlest of the three and I think most men will like it.

What I Did On My Holidays/4160 Tuesdays/(Beach vacation breeze)
Notes: Mint, coconut suntan lotion, sea air, lavender, candy floss, vanilla.

Review: Personally, I do not like this scent. I feel that all these notes do not mix well and the salty sea air scent tries to overpower everything in a weird way.

Dark Horse/Dame Perfumery/(Summer's radiant heat)
Notes: Bergamot, lemon, cinnamon, jasmine, carnation, rose, clove, guaiacwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk.

Review: This is definitely a musky and strong scent. At first it seems a little overpowering but then starts to subtle out into a nice fragrant. I would definitely suggest to only wear this type of scent if you are going to be spending time outside, since I feel it might be too strong for some people if you are going to be in a close personal setting.
Olfactif Subscription Box
Overall, I think the idea of this subscription is great. You get to try out 3 different scents more then once and then get your initial $18 to use towards buying a full size of your favorite scent. It states that this box is unisex, but I feel that they are more masculine scents. I personally did not find any of the scents right for me but every month there are new scents so I am curious if next months samples would be a better fit for me. I would highly suggest getting this box for the man in your life and I am already thinking of getting this box for my Husband to try out next month. If you are a woman who is curious, definitely give it a shot and if they end up not being your taste I am sure there is a man in your life who could benefit from them.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4/5
Check out Olfactif's website for more information on joining their subscription: http://www.olfactif.com/










*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent this subscription box for free from Olfactif. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. You can see how the Beauty Buzz Rating scale works here.



Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.