Fall 2015 Runway Beauty Trends

Fall 2015 Runway Beauty Trends
Hey Beauty Bees,

Today as I sat at my vanity blending my favorite Summer peach colored blush into my cheeks, I glanced up from my work station to the window across the room and watched a leaf slowly drift to the ground. Watching this one natural act brought me to realize that Mother Nature has begun her transition of Summer to Fall, so why haven't I? Today was the day that I was finally going to incorporate some of the beauty trends that I saw during the Fall 2015 runway shows.

Using all of them at once would definitely be considered overkill so over the next few days I decided I will try out a different trend each day. There are 5 that really grabbed my attention during the shows and I wanted to share more about them with you.


Sparkly Accents
Sparkly accents
(Fall Fashion Designers left to right) Carolina Herrera, Rodarte, Zac Posen and Temperely London
This beauty trend I find the most fun because you can put it really anywhere. Eyes, lips, face and even nails can display sparkle and shine in such a fun way. During the Rodarte show, makeup artists added little jewels below the lower lash line to add some sparkle to the eyes. I personally loved how models at the Carolina Herrera show had glitter on the tips of their eyelashes, such a cool way to spice up your mascara routine. I will definitely be adding sparkle to my beauty routine through nail polish, highlights and different shadows.

Bold Lip
Bold Lip
(Fall Fashion Designers left to right) Phillip Lim, Marchesa, Celine and Dolce & Gabbana
Just like last year, the bold lip for Fall is a must! Berry shades took over the last Fall season and they are definitely back this year. Another shade that popped up a lot was a brick red lip that seemed to always to be paired with very subdued eye looks.  I absolutely love vampy lip colors and some of my favorite brands that carry great shades are Urban Decay, MAC, Covergirl and Maybelline. 


Knotted Buns
Knotted Bun
(Fall Fashion Designers left to right) Victoria Beckham, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang and Diane von Furstenberg
Finally, a beauty trend that I have mastered many years ago! We saw so many carefree looking knotted buns on the Runway shows of brands like Marc Jacobs and Vera Wang but they all have some things in common. First, whether you like your bun on the top of your head or at the nape of your neck, don't forget to leave out some stray strands or even chunks. Secondly, try to keep the rest of your hair nice and sleek, I suggest running some smoothing creme, leave-in conditioner or pomade through your hair before tying it up. This will also help your hair from getting tangled or knotty when you go to take it out.


Graphic Liner
Graphic Liner
(Fall Fashion Designers left to right) Anthony Vaccarello, Chanel, Rochas and Mugler
This is the one trend that I will admit I am not a fan of personally or even good at, especially since I struggle with just a basic winged liner. However, I love when people experiment with different liner looks because I think it just looks really cool. My only suggestion if you are wanting to try out this trend is to use liquid liner in a pen form as it is much easier to get sleek lines and with the right formula, will not smudge. My two favorite liquid liners are Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner and Covergirl's Intensify Me Eye Liner.


Blushed Cheeks
Blushed cheeks
(Fall Fashion Designers left to right) Michael Kors, Honor, Donna Karan and Kate Spade
Harpersbazaar.com explained this trend perfectly. "Put aside your taupe sculpting powders and stock up on warm peach and rose blushes that make you look like you just went on a brisk, wintry walk...". With Fall here, it is time to put aside the bronzer and welcome back all the lovely blush shades we have looked over the past few months. I love this natural flushed look and is great on everyone, you just need to find the right shade for your skin tone. Kate Spade took my heart with this one look of a subtle eye, a lightly stained lip and rosy blush all topped off with a beanie.


Of all the beauty trends that hit the Fall 2015 runways, these 5 were my favorite and in my opinion the easiest to incorporate into my own beauty routine. Which of the 5 beauty trends will be making it into your own Fall beauty routine?

If you want to read more about Fall beauty, check out my Fall 2015 Beauty Wishlist.

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.