Beauty Buzz Trial - Honeybee Gardens

Beauty Buzz Trial - Honeybee Gardens
Hey Beauty Bees,

I have been having so much fun playing around with a new brand of makeup over the past week and today I wanted to do a review on them for you. 

The cosmetics brand that has graced my makeup table is called Honeybee Gardens, which I thought is the perfect name for me to review since we match! This brand was created in 1995 by author and herbalist Melissa J. Buckley. What started as natural personal care products for her family made in her kitchen, blossomed into a profitable enterprise.


Some facts that make Honeybee Gardens products an ace in my book is that they are created entirely of natural materials. They also reuse and recycle as much as possible and do not test products on animals.

I was sent 4 makeup products to try out and here is what I thought about them.
Truly Natural lipstick in heirloom
Truly Natural Lipstick in Heirloom - $12.99
As soon as I opened the cap I feel IN LOVE with this neutral pink mauve shade. I loved how it basically just enhanced my natural lip color. The formula was very smooth and creamy and went on very pigmented. I can definitely see myself using this shade over and over again whenever I want a a nice natural pink lip.
pressed mineral powder foundation in supernatural
Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation in Supernatural - $10.99
This is a very silky powder foundation but unfortunately the color did not match well for me as it was a shade too dark. I am happy that there are 8 different shades to choose from, and the website gives very specific descriptions of each, so you should easily be able to pick out your perfect shade.
truly natural mascara in espresso
Truly Natural Mascara in Espresso - $11.99
I love getting mascaras that aren't just your basic black. This particular one is a black/brown that looks really pretty and natural on your eyes. It is not as harsh as a black mascara but still give your lashes a lot of color. I will admit the formula is not my favorite formula, as it did not do much in changing my lashes in volume or curl, but it is definitely a decent mascara if your not looking for something overly dramatic.
jobacolors eye liner in smoking gun
JobaColors Eye Liner in Smoking Gun - $8.99
This charcoal linear has some really pretty sparkles in it and I was super excited to test it on my upper lash line. It glided on very fluidly and was very easy to use, however after just a couple hours the color was starting to disappear and become patchy. I have used it a couple times since that first trial and I have learned to really draw it on a couple times to help it stay put.
swatches of colors
Swatches of the linear, lipstick and foundation.
Overall, I think Honeybee Gardens has some great products, especially if your someone who is looking for a brand that uses natural ingredients. I really enjoyed the lipstick and am planning on replacing my go to shade in my purse for this one. My least favorite was probably the powder foundation since I was not really able to try it out on my face for a full day since the color was off. Their website is super easy to navigate and I love how well the products and colors are described for you. I also really liked the sleek packaging for all the products. The only downside I had was that I feel the prices are a little above what I would probably pay for something like these, since they are more basic makeup products. 

Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5
Check out Honeybee Gardens' website for more information on their products: http://honeybeegardens.com/

You can find their products in health food stores, pharmacies, on-line, herb shops, specialty and gift sores worldwide.










*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent these products for free from Honeybee Gardens. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. You can see how the Beauty Buzz Rating scale works here.

Comments