Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics

Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Hey Beauty Bees,

Although I wish I could be laying on an Island beach right now, I will just have to settle by staring at the beautiful Island features on the packaging of the Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics I received for this review.

This Canadian brand was built from a desire to help women, men and children who suffer silently from effects of cancer, burns, and scarring by utilizing makeup and paramedical tattooing techniques. Their motivating factor was to help those undergoing treatment to look and feel better while boosting their confidence and self-esteem.

Here are some of the great features of Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics:
- Natural Ingredients
- No Fragrance
- No Parabens
- Not Tested on Animals
- Gluten Free & Vegan
- Uses 100% Recycled Packaging
- All products are priced under $25 (Canadian Pricing)

Here is what I was given to test out:
Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Mineral Eye Illuminator in "No Baggage" ($16.99)
To start, I absolutely love when products come with a doe foot applicator because it makes it super easy to use. This product went on very smooth and seeped into the skin very well. I am not exactly sure if it deflected the dark circles I have on its own very well, but paired with my concealer I could definitely tell that it helped brighten the area.

Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Color Tides Blusher in "Star Fish" ($14.99)
I really loved the color of this blush and on the cheeks it gave off the perfect amount of flush. The pigmentation was about average on what I usually expect for blushes and it was super buildable and blendable. 

Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Seaside Mineral Dual Jewels Eye-Shadow in "Sword Fish" ($16.99)
I was beyond impressed with this eye-shadow duo. The shadows went on like butter and were so extremely pigmented. The color payoff on the eyes was amazing and would be a must have in anyone's makeup collection who loves to have very vibrant colored shadow. These shadows would also be amazing to use as liners if you dipped an eyeliner brush in a bit of water before applying. The only concern I had was that I was not a huge fan of the two shades together, but separately I am in love. 

Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Island Eyes Mascara in "Mudshark" ($15.99)
I was given a heads up on using 2 coats of this mascara since the first coat penetrates to plump and the second lengthens. If I were comparing it to some of the other mascaras in my collection, I would most likely put it in the average category. It did lengthen my lashes and make them stand out a little bit, but it did not give me the amount of volume or curl that I like from a good mascara. I did however like how easy it was to remove with just a wet cloth since a lot of other mascaras are a pain to get off. Being a natural product it states that it is ideal for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Beauty Buzz Trial - Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics
Hawaiian Petals Lip Plumping Lip Shade in "Passion Flower" ($14.99)
This product put a huge smile on my face when I opened the cap and smelt the amazing peppermint scent. After a quick reference to pamphlet I was sent, I learned that it was indeed infused with peppermint which made sense since it is a plumping product. This lipstick was very creamy and applied beautifully to the lips. The color was a very pretty bright shade but I would suggest only using it on a day you are committed to a red lip because as the product wears off throughout the day, it does leave a stain behind.

Overall, this brand really impressed me in many different categories. The pigmentation and lasting power along with the shades of all the products were outstanding. I can definitely see myself using these products a lot and looking into getting more shades of the eye-shadow and lipstick. My favorite part of the products as a whole were how nicely packaged they were along with the fun names of each product. The prices are in Canadian but I think are still very affordable.

Another thing I really loved was the story behind how they began and what they stand for, if you would like to learn more about this you can check it out here.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4/5
Check out Sweet LeiLani's website for more information on their products: 











*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent these products for free from Sweet LeiLani Cosmetics. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. You can see how the Beauty Buzz Rating scale works here.

Comments