October 2015 Favorites

October 2015 Favorites
Hey Beauty Bees,

The month of October has come to an end and November is beginning, bringing a festive Thanksgiving, an overwhelming Black Friday and a sprinkle of Christmas preparation. Before I can fully dive into the craziness of November, I want to reflect back on what made this past month so great. As I munch on a few last pieces of candy that did not make it out to the trick or treaters, I want to share with you everything that I loved and enjoyed from October.
makeup favorites
Starting out with makeup items, my most used product of this month was my Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara. I have been using this mascara every single time I do my makeup because it works so well at curling and lifting my lashes, making my eyes look more open. Also, this is the only mascara that I do not struggle to use since the brush is so easy to use. The next makeup item is my Urban Decay Smoky Palette. This eye shadow palette has a lot of different pigmented shades, making it perfect to create a different look each day. I have really been gravitating towards the shades Dirtysweet and Radar. (Check out the full First Impression I did on this product here) The last makeup product is a marvelous Moxie lipgloss from Bare Minerals in Spark Plug. This dusty pink pearl shade has its home in my purse where I can reach for it at any moment. Besides a few days where I went for a more vampy look, I wore this gloss everyday.
skincare favorites
These next two products reside in my shower for daily usage. The "A Thousand Wishes" Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works smells so sweet and the scent lasts all day. I even love how it makes my bathroom smell even after I have gotten out of the shower. The other product is one I had been wanting to try for a very long time. I bought this small bottle of the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser half way through the month, but I have been using it everyday since and I absolutely love it. This wash leaves my face feeling so clean and soft. I just put in an order for some of the other products from this brand, let me know if you would like me to do a post on them.
Paul Mitchell Quick Slip
Moving on to my favorite hair product of the month, Paul Mitchell's Express Style Quick Slip Styling Creme is amazing. When I got my last hair cut, the stylist used a dime size amount of this product and I loved the way it left my hair feeling. Unfortunately they did not have any bottles for sale at my salon so I ordered a small bottle online, but a few weeks later when I went with Chris for his hair cut I found a big bottle. Not only does this product leave my hair feeling super soft, but it also cuts down drying time and smells amazing.
Lush products
My last beauty favorites are Lush products. Chris and I both love the bath bombs and bubble bars from Lush and I have recently gotten into some of the other products from them. We have gone through our entire stash this month so just a few days ago we put in an order for some new goodies which got here today. Some of the items in this Lush order: Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb, Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, Snow Angel Luxury Bath Melt and Snow Fairy Shower Gel.
jersey shirts
For my fashion favorites of the October, I have two similar but different tops. The first is a sweat shirt that I got at H&M during our trip to Indianapolis. This jersey styled sweater is super comfy and I have been wearing it a lot with leggings and jeans. The second top is my over-sized New England Patriots Gronkowski t-shirt. Being a huge fan of Football, Patriots and superstitions, I have worn it for every single Patriots game so far which is a big deal since we are undefeated! Usually I pair this shirt with some comfy sweats or leggings since I am usually just laying around while wearing it.
halloween movies
October being the month of Halloween, it is just natural that I have been obsessed with watching Halloween movies. After moving into our new place, we added DVR to our cable package which has been amazing. I was able to record all my favorite Halloween flicks in case I was not going to be home to watch them when they aired. Some of the movies that made it into my DVR log were all three Halloween Town movies and both Twitches and Twitches Too. Since Halloween was on a Saturday this year and Chris had to work, I spent the whole day watching Halloween movies.
fruit and chocolate
I could not forget to add in my favorite snacks of the month. Halloween treats are a natural snack staple for the month of October, but I have also been loving clementines. Besides apples, clementines are my favorite fruit and I get so excited when they come into season because I know Christmas is coming soon. I have so many memories of sitting at our table after Christmas dinner, with a huge bowl of clementines in the center.

Lastly, for this month's favorites I want to share some of my most liked posts from October:


What have been your favorites for the month of October? List some below or link to your own monthly favorites post!

Comments