Best Beauty Products of 2015

Happy New Year Beauty Bees,

Another year has come to an end and as we say "Hello" to 2016, we need to give recognition to all that was good in 2015. Just like last year, I want to go through my makeup vanity and show you all the beauty products I have loved and used a ton in the past 365 days. Some of these products may be ones I have been using for years or recently come upon them in the last few months, but all of them are on this list for a reason!

Let the Best Beauty Product Awards of 2015 begin!!

Face
Foundation: Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation in Light 46- I only recently bought this foundation this month and I was really happy with the coverage it gave. I had done a lot of research on a full coverage foundation to give me a flawless look for all the Christmas parties and activities I was going to be doing and this was the most mentioned. I had the color matched for me by a lovely lady from Sephora and I was very happy with how well it covered up redness, blemishes leaving a fresh looking base.

BB Cream: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light/Medium- This was my go to product in the Summer time when I did not want to wear a lot of makeup but still wanted a little bit of coverage as well as SPF. It is very light with enough coverage to keeps any redness at bay.

CC Cream: Merle Norman CC Cream Broad Spectrem SPF 30 in Light/Medium Beige- This CC cream can be used as a light tinted moisturizer or can be built up to almost foundation coverage!

Highlighter: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk- This normally is not advetised as a highlighter but I love using it as one! A stick is so easy to apply and this formula blends so well into a beautiful glow.

Concealer: CoverFX Cream Concealer in X-Light- This is the first and only product I own from this brand but it works amazing as a spot concealer. With a small brush, I apply it over my foundation on any problem areas and redness. It is very thick so a little bit goes along away.

Face Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer- I keep on getting samples of this primer and I really like it. It gives a great base for my foundation to lay on. It smooths out my skin and keeps my face makeup looking fresh all day long.

Makeup Setting Spray: Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray Oil-Control- For 3 years now I have been using this setting spray and I love it! It keeps my makeup in place controls my oily t-zone. I suggest using it after all makeup is done but before mascara, as it tends to make my mascara run.
Pressed Powder: Rimmel London Stay Matter Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Natural- This has been my go to powder because it sets my concealer and foundation very well. It helps give my face a solid base and controls the oil that tends to build up in my t-zone.

Bronzer: Physicians Formula Healthy Glow Bronzer Powder Palette- I received this product in an Ulta order for free and I am so happy that I did. When I swirl my brush in this powder and apply it to my face, it gives me such a healthy pretty glow. It definitely is not a powder for contouring but it does look work as an allover bronze.

Blush: Hikari Cosmetics Bikini Blush- I received this blush in a subscription box during the Summer and it definitely fit well for the season. I caught myself reaching for this blush even after the Summertime because of it bright pigmented color and blendability.


Eyes
Single Eyeshadow: Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Audacious Asphalt- I usually reach for my eyeshadow palettes however this cream shadow was a great product to reach for when I was in a rush and wanted to quickly swipe some shadow on. It was very long lasting and super pigmented.

Eyeshadow Pencil: TresStique Mini Shadow Crayon in Kona Coffee- This brand makes the cutest packaging for products and their formulas are super creamy. I liked using this shade in my crease and blending out for nude defined eye.


Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Anyone who has tried this product knows why its on my list. If you haven't, you should go out and buy it now. By far the best eye primer to keep all shadows looking vibrant and stay put.
Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked 3 and Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palettes- I could not pick just one palette since each one is used at different times. Naked 3 was used for everyday looks while Smokey was used for nighttime/going out looks. Both palettes have super pigmented shadows and blend out so well. I got these both in the 2nd half of the year but I have been using them constantly since. 

Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash and Covergirl's The Super Sizer Mascaras- Mascaras was the hardest product to pick since I always wear at least two at a time. This was my favorite combo. Roller Lash does a great job at curling my lashes and getting really close to my lash line with its amazing brush. Super Sizer is what I use to build volume on top of the other mascara. Both mascaras stay on and stay put all night but come off easily at night with a makeup wipe.
Liquid Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and Merle Norman Pro Pen Eyeliner in Sharp Brown- These two liners have been my favorite for their colors. Both have a great pointed pen shape, making them super easy to work with. I love the formula of the brown liner more but the Kat Von D is my best black liquid liner in my collection.


Pencil Eyeliner: Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Sumatra- This is a recent purchase but I absolutely love the self sharpening pencil cap! I usually hate pencil liners because they never stay sharp, but this one you never have to worry about. Every use comes out perfect!

Brow Product: Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder in Taupe- This is a must have in every girls makeup collection! Just a few swipes in your brows and they are filled and looking on point!


Lips
Lipbalm: EOS Lipbalm Sphere in Summerfruit- I own so many EOS lipbalms and I have been loving this flavor the most. EOS products are just so moisturizing and the little sphere is just so cute.

Lipstick: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Britannia- This has become my go to nude lipstick for days I just want enhance my natural lip shade. One swipe and this formula gives you long lasting color for the full day.

Lip Pencil: Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien- I kept this pencil on top of my makeup desk all the time along with my RollerLash mascara for mornings I literally only have time for some mascara and a lippie. This product is a touch redder then my natural lip so it gives me the tiniest bit of "umphh" to a no makeup day.

Lipgloss: Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss- This gloss is smooth and not sticky, making it great to layer over so many lipsticks. The color is also great on its own as well. I do have to re apply it a few times a day but its worth it.

Tools
Makeup Brush: Beauty Blender- I love that I can use this sponge to blend out absolutely any type of makeup and it does it so efficiently. I have gone through 4 Beauty Blender and I can guarantee that I will continue to use it for a very long time. Best tip if you are thinking about getting yourself a beauty blender, give it a good rinse after each use. This is to prolong the life span of this product as well as keep it at its most efficient shape.

Eyelash Curler: Forever 21 Eyelash Curler- I never thought that I would like a cheap eyelash curler better than some of my brand name ones, but honestly this curler works amazing at prepping my lashes for mascara. It also is the only one I've used that has not either pulled on my lashes or pinched my eyelid.

Oil Blotting Sheets: ELF Oil Blotting Sheets- This is a new product to me and I can not wait to buy more. These blotting sheet soak up so much oil and leave my skin feeling so smooth and dry without taking away any makeup.

Makeup Wipes: Ponds Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes- These wipes are more wet then others but that also means they do not dry up easily and can pick up more makeup. I have switched back and forth between makeup remover wipes but I continually return to this brand of wipe since it is the best at taking off my mascara. 


I hope you enjoyed all of my beauty favorites from the past year and I can not wait to see whats in store, literally, for the the upcoming year! Stay Tuned for many new posts for the year of 2016 and once again Happy New Year!! 

What are your favorites of 2015? Leave me a link to your post or comment listing your favorites from the past year.

Comments

  1. These are so many of my faves - Rimmel Stay matte, rollerlash, BDB powder - great minds think alike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.