My Winter Night Routine

Hey Beauty Bees,

New England has finally welcomed "Winter", by this I mean the snow has started to arrive. During Winter time I tend to spend my evenings inside where it is warm. Over the last few weeks I have gotten into a "Winter night routine" that I do after dinner, up until it is time to fall asleep. Each and every night there are many steps and products that I use to get myself from the dinner table to under the covers and today I am going share with you what those are.

To start, right after dinner I tidy up my kitchen and get any dishes that I need to get done. I have a big pet peeve of leaving dishes to be done later or the next day, so if I get them done as soon as possible I can relax the rest of the night with no worry. I also like to get any last minute chores I need to get done before I jump into my nightly routine.
To begin my routine, I decide on whether I want to take a shower or a bath. It usually depends on if I need to wash my hair or not, since I only wash my hair every other day. On this particular night I took a shower and used the Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protest Shampoo/Conditioner and Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena body wash. If I decide to take a bath I will use a Lush bath bomb or bubble bar.
After I dry off, I will brush my teeth and decide on what pjs I am going to wear. Tonight's choice was my Victoria's Secret holiday printed thermal pajama set. Chris got me these for Christmas morning and they are soo warm. I also like to moisturize my skin with one of the many lotions Bath and Body Works Triple Moisture Creams I own. Tonight I choose Sensual Amber.

Once I am decked out in some comfy clothes, I head back to the bathroom to start my skincare routine. Most nights I just wash my face with my First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser and follow up with the First Aid Beauty's Oil-Free Mattifying Gel, but once a week I give myself a masque to really deep clean my skin. My favorite is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque which works amazing at drawing out impurities from your pores and drying up acne pimples. I always feel clean and refreshed with very smooth, minty smelling skin.
After my skin is feeling nice and clean, I head back to my kitchen to make myself a hot drink to enjoy while I chill out on the couch. I usually go for a hot cup of tea but if I am craving something sweeter, hot chocolate is usually the way I go. Here are the many different teas I keep on hand to satisfy any type of tea craving!

By now a couple of hours have gone by and one of my favorite shows is about to start. Chris and I have gotten into quite a few different shows and all start around 8pm. Here are some of the shows we have been obsessed with lately. (Yes, surprisingly he watches Pretty Little Liars with me each week!)
Once our shows are over and the yawns begin, I decide it is time to crawl under the covers and head to bed. I usually spend the next little bit of time scrolling through my phone either checking social media, reading blogs or watching Youtube. Sometimes I even read a little bit from whatever book I have on my nightstand, which tonight I have my Michelle Phan Makeup book. Once I feel myself start to drift off, I plug my phone into the charger, leave it on the bedside table and fall asleep.
What is your night routine on Winter nights? Do we use any of the same products? Let me know in the comments.

Comments