Top 5 Spring Nail Shades

Hey Beauty Bees,

This is the time of the year that I just wish for some warmer weather and for the days to be extended with sunshine. I think we can all agree that we are over the snow and freezing weather, and ready to shed our bulky coats. Thankfully, Spring is just around the corner and one of my favorite parts of changing seasons is being able to switch up my beauty and fashion routine. 

The easiest change to make is our manicures and is as simple as choosing a different color. I am a huge trend searcher but when it comes to my nails I honestly just choose what colors I like. I usually stick around these 5 color shades when I am looking for a Spring polish. Check out each shade and some of the polishes I choose from my nail polish collection below.
Blue
In the Spring, I always love to use bright blue shades since it reminds me of the clear sky or the beach. Pastel blues always look super pretty on the nails no matter what skin tone you have. I also love to use polishes that have give a little bit of depth or texture to the nail such as the OPI polish above when leaves a rough and grainy feeling to the nails.

Recommendations:
Nicole by OPI Roughles Polish in "On What Grounds?" **Obsessed with the feeling of this polish
Essie Nail Lacquer in "In The Cab-ana"

Red
Red is the iconic nail polish shade. From coral to classic red to scarlet, any shade will give your nails a boost this season. I would suggest picking out a brighter red instead of a deep maroon shade since those tend to be a more Winter-y shades. You want to lighten up your look and keep the vampy-ness to a minimum this Spring.

Recommendations:
Sinful Colors Professionals in "No Text Red"
Nailtiques Protein Nail Lacquer in "Vegas" **One coat is all you need with this polish!

Purple/Lilac
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers. My favorite Spring flower are lilacs because my favorite color is purple and I love the smell of them! This light pastel purple will look amazing with a tan and you could even go for a more plum-y color if you are not a pastel lover like me. 

Recommendations:
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "Pep-Plum"
Trust Fund Beauty Polish in "Elegantly Wasted"

Pink
Personally, nothing makes me feel more girly then wearing pink on my nails or in my clothing. You could go for muted pinks, neon pinks, pastel pinks and anything else in between. Apparently neon is "out of trend" this season, but in my own opinion if you like neon colors, go for it! I love using this neon pink color on my toes in the Spring since it always draws eyes down to my feet so I can show off all the cute sandals I like to wear.

Recommendations:
Essie Nail Lacquer in "Sunday Funday" **Has some subtle glitter in it.
Sinful Colors Professionals in "Pink"

Nude
This last shade is the only one that is "trending" at the moment. The nude nail was all over the red carpet during the Golden Globe awards and came off as super fresh for Spring. This one is a little harder to pick out since everybody has a different skin tone, but just try out a few that are a shade or two lighter or darker then your skin tone. Some of my favorites are cream, eggshell, pale pink, sugary white or ivory.

Recommendations:
Essie Nail Lacquer in "Mademoiselle"
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish in "Birthday Suit" **My favorite gel polish!

Now that you know what shades of polish to use, here are a few extra tips on keeping that manicure looking perfect!

♥ Keep your cuticles looking good and healthy with Nailtiques Cuticle Care Oil Rollerball. Just roll formula onto the cuticles, and use fingertips to massage into surrounding skin and cuticles.

♥ Use a good base and top coat to keep your polish looking fresh and chip free for an extended amount of time

♥  Disinfect your nail tools between uses to keep from inviting bacteria onto your nails.

♥ Steer clear of polishes containing toxic chemicals like dibutyl phathalate, formaldehyde, and toluene, as these toxins can contribute to brittleness, splitting, and cracking.

♥ Give your nails a break once in a while to rest and repair from drying and weakening havoc of polish. Go a few days between manicures with just a clear gloss to keep them strong and healthy.

What shades of polish do you steer towards during the transition from Winter to Spring?

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this post however I was sent products for free from Nailtiques. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.


Comments