Beauty Buzz Trial - Secret Glamor Bag

Hey Beauty Bees.

I have been doing a lot of subscription box reviews lately but I just really love them because it is like getting a surprise gift in the mail every month. This week I am reviewing the Secret Glamor Subscription bag. In this bag you will receive 5 or more random full size beauty products, such as foundation, lipstick, mascara and nail polish from popular brands. If that isn't enough to get you excited, you also receive a little baggie that has some jewelry in it!

Price: $15/ monthly

Free USA Shipping!

Here is everything I received in my Secret Glamor bag:
The first item I pulled out of the bag were these pearl earrings from One Way Collection. I really like them and for some reason remind me of the Playboy Bunny logo.
The first makeup item I received was the Nuance Salma Hayek Front and Center Concealer and Brightener. Both products are super creamy and blend out really well, however the concealer is just too dark for my skin. 

Next was the Hard Candy That's How Eye Roll Loose Shimmer and Shadow Stick. The silver shadow is pretty sheer but is a nice color. The roller ball shimmer is really cool and I cannot wait to try it out because it seems like it will be really simple to use in this form.
The first and only product that I will admit will never be used by me will be this Milani Glossy Tubes Ultra Lip Shine in Hot Kiss. It is extremely slimy and even though it shows up red in the tube and in the swatch, there is no color pay off on the lips. 

Jordana's Cat Eye Liner in Black Brown is definitely my favorite product of the bag. This liquid pen liner is a gorgeous dark brown shade and is so easy to use, making wings super simple to do! The formula also lasts all day long, coming off only when you want it too. 
Next up is the NYX Girls Nail Polish in Italian Dusk. I love adding new polishes to my collection and this shade is super pretty for Spring. Also, my favorite color is purple so really any shade I would like!

They also added in a little sample size of pink glitter. I am not actually sure if it is meant as a makeup product or not, but I included it with the nail polish but I will most likely use it on the nails for a more extravagant look.
The final product is a Covergirl Magnetic Color Pot Refill of their FBLS FCHSA Lipcolor. It is a very light sheer pink shade, but I just used my finger to rub on a little bit on my lips. The result was actually very nice with just a light color pay off, however the winning feature was how well it moisturized my lips!
Overall, I think this is a pretty good subscription if you are looking to try multiple different beauty products for a low price. The subscription seems to hover around drug store brands, but nonetheless it brought forward some really interesting and fun products! The packaging was also really nice with a bright mint envelope and pink tissue to wrap the most delicate products. The one big thing that is missing for me is some sort card that lists and describes the product or even just something that shares a logo of the company to make it more personal.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5
Check out Secret Glamor's website for more information on joining their subscription: https://secretglamor.com





*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent this subscription box for free from Secret Glamor. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. You can see how the Beauty Buzz Rating scale works here.

Comments

  1. This seems to be the only review i can find anywhere yet. i understand its a newbie in the game, but i am in the market to add yet another subscription to my collection. so thank you for this review! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super welcome! I would definitely recommend adding it to your collection!

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this glam bag before! I definitely want to check it out. Thank you for this great review :)

    Morgan
    http://www.byronbirkinburch.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before either until I saw an ad through Facebook!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.