Boston Beauty Buzz Q&A #1

Hey Beauty Bees,


I recently reached out to you, asking for some questions on any beauty or fashion related topics you have been wanting answers to. Today is the day I will be answering them and hopefully giving you as much advice as I possibly can. I got an overwhelming amount of questions so here are the ones that I found most relevant for this post.




What is your top tip on making those dark fall lipsticks last all day
I have two. First, I always start with moisturized lips as my canvas. Use a lip balm every night before bed to wake up to soft lips that will hold color. Then when applying your lipstick try using a lip liner in the same color first, outlining your lips as well as filling in with the liner. Apply your lipstick over top with a lip brush then blot lips with a tissue. Apply a second layer and then you will be set.


What's your favorite nail color for fall?
My favorite nail color for fall is any deep red wine shade. Berry shades are perfect for Fall, whether it be nail polish, lipsticks or even clothes!!

How does it feel to go on the street without makeup?
Immaculate Pri'Ad Emmanuel - http://reelgossip.blogspot.com/
I feel naked going out without makeup. Of course if I am just running out of the house to run some errands or grab some groceries I am not going to put on a full face of makeup. A tinted moisturizer and some mascara is all I need but I still like to put on something. The only place I do not feel out of place without makeup is when I am at the gym.

Describe the positive and negative impacts of fashion among youths presently. 
The positive side of fashion is that there are so many styles and trends out there today that every young person can relate to something. This helps build there own personal style and help them become who they are.
A negative side of fashion is that when we look in the media or even when we are just out shopping, more of the "popular" stores only tend to carry up to a certain size so that puts a toll on youth, especially young girls, to feel that they need to be a certain size. This then leads into eating disorders or crazy dieting that can be very harmful. The media portrays beauty unrealistically and shouldn't be taken to heart. 

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 makeup products would you take and why?
Hattie Cochrane
First, I would take a tinted lip balm that contains spf, because there is no way I will let my lips get burnt or chapped because that would drive me nuts. 
Secondly, I would take a tinted moisturizer with spf, to protect my face from getting dry or burnt. (I think you can see a pattern here).
Lastly, I would take brow gel because most likely I would not have tweezers or a mirror and if my brows are acting crazy, it drives me insane.




If their was only one fashion label you could wear for the rest of your life what would it be and why? 


I am going to answer this with a high end label and a more affordable brand. I would most likely have to choose Chanel as my high end because I just love their style and logo. For the other brand I would choose Forever 21 since they have casual and formal clothing there as well as lingerie, accessories and beauty. It would literally be perfect since I can only shop there. I also love that there are just so many different styles that they carry so I can have such a diverse collection of clothing.

What is you favorite piece to take you from summer to autumn?

Leather shorts!! Check out the post I did on it here.

Which designers make clothes for the larger figure? 
I actually had to research this question and I found the perfect blog post by another great blogger as an answer. She names multiple retailers and designers that offers plus size fashion. - http://thecurvyfashionista.com/plus-size-fashion-resources/curvy-designers/

Can fashion wearers be cheap and still be classy?
Oluwasegun Abe
Of course!! The price of the garment does not make a look classy or not. It is the structure and a way you piece together an outfit that makes it look good. For example, you can shop at a store like Walmart and still put together a classy look as long as you pick and choose the right items. About 70% of my entire wardrobe includes pieces that I have gotten either on sale or from discount shops.

I would love to hear your opinion on some of these topic, let me know in the comments below what you think. Also send me any more questions that I could answer in future posts as I would love to turn this into a Q&A series.

Comments