Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag December 2014 "Thinking of You"


Hey Beauty Bees,

I am back again to do this month's Ipsy bag review. I must say it took an extremely long time to get my bag this month since the holidays made mail service go extremely slow. Nevertheless, it is here and I could not wait to rip it open and show you what I got. 

If you have not heard of this monthly beauty subscription take a look at this past post for more info.

The makeup bag this month was a plain black bag with pink detailing, which I really liked. The shape of this bag was much better, since it can fit more products easier then the flatter styled bags that Ipsy usually gives us.
Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Color in Lady and the Vamp - Full Size ($3)
This first product I got with my saved up Ipsy points. I am absolutely in love with this deep burgundy color and this balm is so moisturizing and smooth. It has a great color pay off which lasts a very long time since it is stain. Wet n Wild is usually a brand I am not a big fan of but this particular product impressed me alot. I own alot of products like this from different brands and I can definitely place this one in the top 5.

BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) Facial Cleanser - 2oz Sample ($3)
Whenever I see some sort of facial cleanser in my bag I always cringe since I have acne prone skin I do not tend to have good experiences. This product was not so bad. It is a gel cleanser that turns in a foamy lather which was very gentle on my skin. It also had a really good scent to it, almost a fruity licorice smell. Afterwards it left my usual oily skin very soft and smooth, not dry like other products. Any cleanser that does not dry out my skin dramatically from alcohol or makes my face sting at all, is one I will give a chance to. I definitely can not wait to try it out for an extending period of time and see how it works in the long run.
 Crown Brush Dulex Infinity Crease/Shadow Brush - Full Size ($17.99)
I was so excited when I found out that I was going to be getting a makeup brush in my bag, not to mention a double ended brush. I liked the shadow brush but the crease brush is what made me fall in love. I have used so many different crease brushes in my attempt to find the perfect one and today I found it. The brush gets the shadow into the exact spot you want it and it is so easy to use. The bristles are also very soft and easy to clean.
 NYX Butter Lip Balm in Parfait - Full Size ($4)
This lip balm in Red Velvet is a very bright red tinted lippy. I personally am not a fan of this bright red color on me but the formula is really great. It left my lips very smooth and the pigmentation is astounding. I will definitely be picking another one up in a color that will look good on myself.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara - .1 oz Sample ($8)
I have been wanting to try this mascara for ages, but have not had the will to buy it since I have so many other mascaras that I feel I need to try to get thru before I buy any new ones. I was very happy to get this in my bag to test out. I first used it on Christmas Eve and I got alot of compliments on my eye makeup that day and was told that my lashes looked so long. This was a very easy mascara to use and I was able to get extremely close to the root of my lashes.

Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust in “Brightening Bare” - Full size ($10)
I really enjoyed this next product since I did not even have to use a brush to apply it, the lid is also an applicator. The very shimmery nude color of this shadow can be used all over the lid, but I choose to use it as my inner corner highlight which worked out amazingly. The color picked up the light and made my eyes look wide awake. The only issue I had with this product was that since it is a loose pigment that it got a little bit messy at times, but with a light hand any messes are easily avoidable.

December's bag was valued at $45.99 and contained 2 samples and 4 full sized product. I was extremely happy with my bag this month. I can see myself using every single product in this bag, even the NYX lip balm if I apply it very lightly. My favorite products for sure are the brush and the mascara. I can totally see them entering my everyday makeup routine and they are perfect to travel with.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4.5/5
Did you get the same products in your Ipsy bag this month? Also let me know what other subscription boxes you would like to see me review.

Check out some of my older bags here: NovemberOctoberSeptemberAugustJuly

Comments