A Day in the Life of a Beauty Bee - Birthday Edition (OOTD, FOTD, Haul)

Hey Beauty Bees,

I have been wanting to start a series that is almost like a Youtuber's vlog, where I can get more personal with you and show how I spend some of my days. For now, I will be keeping this series as an occasional occurrence whenever I have more interesting days. For example, this past Saturday was my 22nd Birthday, so what a perfect day to share. 
To start I wanted to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes that I received, I definitely felt a lot of love throughout the day. I had an amazing birthday and it started off like any other relaxing Saturday morning. Once I woke up I made myself some coffee, grabbed one of my most recent magazines and searched Youtube for a new music playlist to listen to. While I was doing this, Chris was just getting home from his overnight shift at work. He surprised me with a funny birthday card and a plan for a fun day with all of my favorite things.


While Chris took a nap, I got ready for the day. We were having a very chill day so I choose a much more casual outfit then I usually would on my birthday. I was extremely happy I choose a pair of flat boots instead of heeled because we walked quite a bit while out and about.

My Outfit

T-shirt- Bluenotes

Jeggings- Aeropostale

Cardigan- Bluenotes

Booties- Payless Shoe Source

Purse- Ebay

Necklace- Most recent Rocksbox (Taylor Necklace by Perry Street)
My Makeup
Foundation- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3‑in‑1

Concealer- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand

Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Eyeshadow- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Shades: Sin, Sidecar and Hustle)

Eyeliner- Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Dark Brown

Mascara- Too Faced Better Than Sex & Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

Bronzer- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

Blush- Model Co Blush in Peach Bellini

Highligher- Benefit's Watts Up

Lipgloss- Buxom Full On-Lip Polish in Dolly
The one thing I wanted to do on my birthday was to head to Natick Mall to just shop around and pick up a few free birthday makeup goodies from some of my beauty store clubs. 

Sephora - As a Beauty Insider I received a Nars Lip Set. Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien and Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella.

Ulta - As part of the ULTAmate rewards program, I received a Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Voodoo.

Bare Minerals - As part of the Friends and Benefits Program (FAB), I received a bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Spark Plug.

Since Chris knew I wanted to go to the mall on my birthday, he thought it would be fun to let me pick out some of my own birthday presents. These are the goodies that I picked out and some that he pointed out for me. (From left to right)

Forever 21 - With a great clearance sale (Bogo Free), I found a couple basic clothing pieces that I plan on mixing up in my Spring wardrobe right away. I can add a pair of combat boots and a military jacket and I got a perfect outfit.

Charming Charlies - I was so happy to finally find a rose gold watch that I actually liked since I have been searching for months now. This one is very comfortable and I love the bling on it.

Bath and Body Works - Chris knew I really wanted the Sunshine candle, so the second we walked into the store he went searching for it. I also got a replacement of my favorite body wash, Pink Chiffon, which is not pictured above.

FYE - We were both surprised to find out that this store was closing. I was able to get the new Meghan Trainor CD for 40% off which is an amazing deal for brand new albums.

Ulta - When Maybelline came out with its "The Nudes" palette I passed since it looked like my Naked palette, but "The Smokes" palette caught my eye with all its different beautiful colors.
After our day of shopping and fun, my Fiance took me to pick out my own birthday cake. I choose this yummy strawberry shortcake. What really got me was that Chris bought magic candles that are actually sparklers. I had never heard of them before so I kept freaking out every time the candles would not go out no matter how hard I blew.

We ended the night watching one of my favorite movies (X-Men: Days of Future Past) and eating some of my favorite foods. (Pizza, Wings, Fries and Onion Rings)

I can definitely say this birthday made it into my top favorites. It was a more casual day but I got to enjoy all my favorite things with my favorite guy, what is better than that.

Check out some of my other Birthday posts here:

21 Things I Did in my 21st Year


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.