The Easter Tag


Hey Beauty Bees,


This weekend is Easter and I am so excited for multiple reasons:

 Easter is my favorite holiday because my birthday landed on Easter Sunday 22 years ago.


 This is the first holiday I get to celebrate officially with my Fiance at our home together.


 I love chocolate. (I had to add that in there)


I searched for a very long time for a tag about this holiday and I actually came up blank, which was heartbreaking. I decided to put together my own list of questions. Here is my version of the Easter Tag and I tag everyone who enjoys this holiday as much as I do.  


What are some things you got in past Easters?

Besides the obvious gift of chocolate, we use to get things like coloring books and crayons or toys for Spring like skipping ropes or chalk. Earlier this week I did a post called My Perfect Easter Basket, where you can read about what I like to get in my baskets now a days.

Do you have Easter Traditions? 
Growing up in an Italian family, our Easter traditions revolve around Church and food. Early morning Easter Sunday we head to mass then spend the day at my Grandparents house for a special Sunday dinner. This is actually the first year I will not be there for Easter and it is very weird to think about straying from this tradition.


Did you color eggs this year? 
No, unfortunately I was not able to color eggs this year but I really do enjoy doing it.

Do you hunt/hide eggs?

When I was younger, we always had a huge Easter egg hunt at my grandparents house with my siblings and cousins. The adults would hide chocolate eggs and coins around my Nonna's huge garden while we played at the playground down the street. My Nonna would also hide 6 plastic eggs that held some money in them for each one of us grandchildren to find. 


Do you believe in the Easter Bunny?
I think it is fun to let yourself believe in make believe characters like these to keep the child in you alive, but for the Easter Bunny I actually have a story that makes me believe in him full heartingly. One year when I was very young, I would say about 5 or 6, I was at my grandparents house the day before Easter. I was playing in the backyard while they were getting prepared for the next day. As I was playing I noticed a bag sitting on the driveway and being a little curious child, I had to explore this mysterious bag. It ended up being full of Easter treats like chocolate, candy, coloring books, crayons, a skipping rope and a blank Easter card. When I showed my grandparents and parents, they did not know where it came from. To this day we still do not know where this mysterious bag of Easter goodies came from and I will always believe it was the Easter Bunny who left it on that day for me to find.

What is your favorite Easter Candy?
This is a very hard question since I love all types of chocolate and candy. For Easter, I especially like getting white chocolate bunny's or the giant Kinder Surprise Eggs.

When it comes to peeps do you prefer bunnies or chicks?
Chicks all the way. I am a very traditional person.


What part of the chocolate bunny do you eat first?
Ever since my first chocolate bunny, I always start at the ears. I think this started because the bunny's my mom always use to get, the box only showed the head and body. Since the box covered the ears, I was able to sneak a taste without my parents noticing unless they actually opened it up.

What is your favorite thing about Easter?

My favorite part of Easter is the excitement it brings me knowing that my whole family is going to be coming together to spend the day with each other. Also that Spring and Summer is finally coming. 


I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekends this year and get to spend time with their loved ones. Leave me a comment below letting me know what you have planned for this weekend to celebrate the holiday.

Comments