Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag April 2015 "Beautifully Bohemian"

Hey Beauty Bees,

I am back once again to share my monthly Ipsy bag with you. Last month's bag was a "Floral Fantasy" and this month looks like it could be even better. "Beautifully Bohemian" is a theme that fits perfectly for Spring and reminds me of Coachella which is happening this month. 

With all the sneak peeks this month, I was so excited to have the chance to get a Too Faced Melted Lipstick sample, but unfortunately it never came. I was also pretty surprised that I did not receive one of the many polishes this bag seemed to be giving out. Take a peek below on what I did receive.

If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works check it out here.
This months bag was a prayer answered. I have been hoping for a different style of bag and this one is definitely a foot in the right different. The straw textured colorful bag of April reminds me of something I would love to take with me to the beach this upcoming Summer. It is also of really good quality and is bigger than any other bag, meaning it can fit a ton!

Pandora's Makeup Box Pink Carnation Blush - Full Size Value $18
This blush is extremely pigmented and lasted a very long time on the cheeks. I really enjoyed the color as it gave my face a really nice flush. The only thing I am not a fan of is the packaging. I wish the little pan actually came in a regular compact instead of plastic that is hard to open.




theBalm Cosmetics NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in Fit - Full Size Value $3
Another product with great pigmentation and color payoff. I was able to blend this shadow really well to make a pretty bronze smokey eye. I love getting shimmery nude colors  in my bags and I really liked how theBalm gave us the chance to test out some shades from their new palette. I can definitely see myself buying the Nude Dude palette in the near future.
MicaBeauty Eye Primer - Full Size Value $22.48
I was very interested in testing out this product when I first saw it in the sneak peeks. At first swatch, I realized the color was the exact shade of my skin so there was no reason to show it above, but it did mean that it would make a perfect base for shadows. When I went to test it out on my lids, it was a little bit hard to blend with my fingers but was made much easier once I reached for a brush. I was very impressed with it as a primer, I had used it under the Nude Dude shadow (above) and it kept my shadow looking perfect all day.
Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint - Full Size Value $10
This product was a hit and miss for me. As a lip tint, I was impressed with how smooth it made my lips especially after a few hours but there was not a lot of color payoff at all. I can not see it being a good cheek tint since the color payoff is not so good and the fact that it is a little sticky.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Door Red -  Full Size Value $25
This product wins the award for prettiest packaging by far. The product itself is so creamy that I barely had to press down on my skin to make a swatch. The bright red color is gorgeous and I can see myself using it a lot, however I feel that it is more of a Fall or Winter color, not very Bohemian. I would have loved to received a nice pink or nude shade instead.

April's bag was valued at $78.48 and contained 5 full sized products. This is the first time I have received a bag that every single product was full size. I love and will be using every single product I got in this month's bag. My favorite product has to be the blush because I am in love with the color and how well it looks on the face. My least favorite is the lip/cheek tint since it was missing its tinting ability. Over all, it was a great bag and I am very looking forward to see how Ipsy can compete with themselves next month. 

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4.5/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruary, March


*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. Glad you like the Pink Carnation Blush the Flower Bix was custom made for the Beautiful Bohemian theme and we thought beauty gurus might want the option to insert in their own magnetic box like Z palette we have an empty magnetic Box if you prefer a single one instead! www.pandorasmakeupbox.com thank u for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I would definitely be interested in the empty magnetic boxes

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks like a great value box! I wish we had ipsy in the uk :(
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I absolutely love Ipsy for the products they send out for how cheap it is. Maybe if enough ppl from the UK we're willing to put check as ipsy , they could send it out to you guys. Most likely cost a little more in shipping though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.