Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag May 2015 "Jetsetter"

ipsy bag, glam bag, ipsy

Hey Beauty Bees,

With all the commotion of the Wedding from the last couple of weeks, I almost did not notice the pink bubble mailer making its way from my mailbox to my desk. I was finally able to catch up on all my mail, which meant digging into all the new makeup goodies from Ipsy.

The theme of this month is called "Jetsetter" and included a bunch of really amazing products. I noticed a lot of different brands within all the sneak peeks which got me very excited to see what was going to be put into my own bag. Speaking about bags, I really enjoyed this canvas designed one. The quote was so perfect for me (a make-up obsessed woman) and I can not wait to switch up the bag in my purse to this one.

If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works check it out here.
urban decay, lip pencil, lip gloss
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + Bonus Revolution High-Color Lipgloss - Sample Size Value $15
This lip pencil was the one product that had me super excited for this bag, unfortunately I received it broken. Thank god for Ipsycare, they already have a replacement product in the mail for me. Besides that, this sample came with two lip glosses which were extremely pigmented but also very sticky. The pink color was gorgeous but the purple was a color I would most likely never wear.
hair oil
Balanced Guru Style Me Hair Oil - Sample Size Value $9.50
I was very pleasantly surprised how well this hair oil worked for me. I used a few drops on the ends of my hair and massaged it in. Once my hair was dry, it became extremely soft and kept it from getting frizzy. There are two things that made this oil the best, the scent and the packaging. It smelt amazing which most likely was the pumpkin oil that was in it. The packaging was awesome since it was an eye dropper making it very easy to apply and keeping the oil from getting messy.
eyebrows, eyebrow pencil, chella
Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil - Full Size Value $18
I have received this product in a bag last year, but I got the color Dazzling Dark Brown, which is a little too dark for me. This lighter color matched my brows much better and gave them a flawless look. Twistable pencils are my favorite type of packaging since you do not need to struggle with sharpeners that just seem to wreck all my eyeliners. I have used this product every day so far and it has made my brows look perfect.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Facail Cleansing and Make-up Removing Gel- Sample Size Value $1.41
I know this brand very well and love it since I have done two reviews for them: Review 1 & Review 2This was a decent product to try out. It did nothing to really amaze me but it did work pretty well at getting the last of my makeup off after a makeup wipe. There was not much of a scent to it and it felt very nice on the skin, leaving my face feeling smooth and clean. I can see myself finishing the sample, but not a product that would replace my regular cleanser. 
eye shadow, eye dust
Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust - Full Size Value $5
Usually I am not a fan of pigments since they can get very messy and make your eyes look like a hot mess. This one actually worked very well, it was super pigmented and easily blendable. I can definitely see myself popping it out whenever I want a bronze shade for my eyes. 

May's bag was valued at $48.91 and contained 2 full sized and 3 sample sized products. My favorite product was surprisingly the hair oil with the eyebrow pencil coming in a close second. My least favorite would have to be lip pencil since it was broken and I was not able to actually try it out. Over all it was a very decent bag, nothing that completely stood out to me but all products that I will use once in a while.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruaryMarch, April



*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. That looks like a great Ipsy bag! Some great looking products there! :)
    -Jenna <3
    Check out and follow? The Chic Cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, I can not wait to try them out some more. Do you get Ipsy too? Would love to hear what you got.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.