Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag June 2015 "Swim Into Beauty"

Opening card
Hey Beauty Bees,

I am getting around to my Ipsy Bag very late this month but I still wanted to do my review on it. That pink bubble mailer has sat on vanity for days waiting for me to finally dig into it and test everything out. This month's theme is called "Swim Into Beauty" and is full of products perfect for Summer.


Over the past few months, Ipsy has really been stepping up their game with their amazing makeup bag designs. I instantly fell in love with this month's black neoprene-esque black and pink bag. It will be the ultimate bag for bringing to the beach since it will keep everything inside from getting wet.
The makeup bag from June 2015 Ipsy Bag Review
If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works, you can check it out here.


J.Cat lip stain
J.Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind - Full Size Value $5.99
This lip stain is so pigmented and just beautiful. I am in awe with this specific color and can see myself using it a ton this month. I was very happy with its lasting power which was over 12 hours for me. I also really loved the packaging for this product since it is different from all the other stains I own.
NYC Liquid Eyeliner
NYC New York Color Liquid Eyeliner in Black - Full Size Value $2.99
I recently did a review on some other NYC products during my latest Day in the Life of a Beauty Bee. There was a liquid eyeliner pen in that review as well but was shaped differently then this one. I extremely love how easy this liner was to use and how fast it dried. You really can never have too many black liquid liners and this one will get plenty of use.
Trestique eyeshadow pencil
tre'StiQue Mini Eyeshadow Crayon in Kona Coffee - Sample Size Value $10.66
When I first opened my bag, I thought this eye-shadow crayon was missing its cap! (The pencil-looking top is the actual cap) After the initial shock, I did a swatch (which you can see below) and was very happy with how pigmented and creamy it was. The color I am not the biggest fan of since I have so many other brown shadow options in my makeup collection and I much rather have gotten a bright color for Summer like a beachy blue. Of course, I will still use it as I can see it being a great crease color. I was also very impressed with Ipsy adding in this product since it hasn’t even been released yet, so us Ip-sters got the first exclusive test.
June 2015 Ipsy Bag Review swatches
Smashbox face primerWhen I saw my bag on the website sneak peek, I was kind of bummed because I hate getting masks as one of my samples. However, I was less disappointed when 3 different masks fell out of my bag since it made it more worth it. I also really liked that it came with 3 different type of masks making it seem like I got 7 products instead of 5. I have only tried out the Green Tea Detox mask so far and it was actually very nice and relaxing on. My face felt extremely soft afterwards and more moisturized. (Check out this new amazing brand here - www.biorepublic.com)

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Sample Size Value $9
I have been dying to try this product and was very happy to get it in my bag. At first I thought the really small sample would not last long but I have already used it 3 or 4 times and still have a lot of product. This lightweight formula absorbed really fast into my skin giving me a smooth canvas for my foundation. The results were outstanding, helping my foundation look perfect all day long and even helped evening out my skin tone.

June's bag was valued at $43.59 and contained 2 full sized and 3 sample sized products. I was happy with this well rounded bag that contained products from all different aspects of beauty. My favorite product was the Smashbox Primer for sure since it met all my hyped expectations. My least favorite would have to be face masks only because they are products that I was not really wanting for this bag. Over all I am pretty happy with everything in my bag but definitely hoping that next months is a step up. 




Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril, May



*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products. You can see how the Beauty Buzz Rating scale works here.

Comments