Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag August 2015 "Prep School"

Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag August 2015 "Prep School"


Prep School Card
Hey Beauty Bees,

We are making our way to the end of August which means Summer is almost over. This month Ipsy thought they would ease us into the Back to School season with their newest bags theme called "Prep School". This bag was filled with a lot of great products to help all the girls getting ready for their first day back to school. Even if we aren't going back to school, there were a ton of great products to ease us into the Fall season from our much loved Summer oasis.


If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works, you can check it out here.

This month's bag was a black and white houndstooth design with pink detailing. It definitely gave off a very "preppy" vibe and looked great for school. I can definitely see a lot of girls popping this makeup bag into their backpacks or school bags for any beauty essentials.
All the products in my Ipsy bag
Eco Beauty moisturizer and Briogeo Volumizing spray
eco-beauty by LA Fresh Group Good Night. Night Cream - Sample Size Value $13.99
I have heard tons of good feedback on this product and was very happy to see it in my bag. Although I am not a fan of foil packets, the fact that this one had a little close cap on top made it much easier to use. It took a little bit of time to absorb into my skin but made it feel very smooth and soft afterward. I was shocked to see how pricey a full jar of this product is since the sample was almost $14.

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizer Spray - Sample Size Value $3.60
I will start out by saying I really did not like the smell of this spray and since I cannot stand my hair smelling bad, I could not bring myself to spray this into it. With some research from other Ipsters who received this product, it was so torn. Half of them said they loved the smell and it worked great and the other half said the opposite, bad smelling and ineffective. I am going to pass this on to a friend or family member instead.
Skone Eye and Lip liner
Skone Cosmetics Luxe Doubler Eye/Lip Pencil in Wine - Full Size Value $15
I received one of these liners in a past mystery bag from Tombox. It is such a pigmented and creamy liner that worked great on the lips and eyes. I like this color much better than my other one since I can see myself actually using it for Fall with all my berry lipsticks as well as trying it out with a vampy maroon smoky eye.
Noyah Lipstick
Noyah Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose - Sample Size Value $4.50
This is the cutest little lipstick that I have ever seen. It is the perfect purse size lipstick to take with you anywhere and can fit in any size bag or clutch. The color is such a pretty nude pink that will work for anyone and the consistency is the perfect mix of lipstick and almost lip balm that moisturizes so well. 
Trust Fund Beauty Nail polish
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Elegantly Wasted  -  Full Size Value $15
I have never heard of this brand before but after trying out this polish I can not wait to go out and get more colors. This polish is such the prettiest purple shade for Summer, although I will admit I was hoping for a deeper color for Fall. The name is also so cute along with the packaging. I needed to use two thin coats to get the perfect mani and after 5 days it is still going strong.

August's bag was valued at $52.09 and contained 2 full sized and 3 sample sized products. This was an average bag in value standards and amazing in variety. It touched on skincare, hair care, nail care, and two makeup items, one being a dual purpose product. My favorite product was probably the cute little lipstick with the polish coming in a close second. My least favorite was of course the volumizing spray since I could not get over the scent. Overall I think it was an alright bag but could have been better.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?


Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h


Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJune, July



Comments