Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag September 2015 "Face Fashion"

Hey Beauty Bees,

It took me two whole days before I finally got to unpack the box that held my September Ipsy bag which was themed "Face Fashion". This months bag held some very good looking products for transitioning into Fall. I was only able to very quickly try out each product, so this review is going to be just a first impression of the products.
If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works, you can check it out here.

This month's bag was gold and sparkly textured. I really liked that it was a longer bag because it would work great for makeup brushes or even a pencil case. I also think this bag would match really well with any of my purses that I have since I have so many neutral colored.
NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio - Full Size Value $6
My first product was the eye shadow trio that was an exclusive palette designed by NYX just for Ipsters! The three beautiful shades were super pigmented and would make a great smokey eye for Fall. I thought the packaging was so cute with the clasp detail being a bow.
Eyelyn Iona Cosmetics Cream Blush in Ash - Sample Size Value $8
I had high expectations for this cream blush when I saw how creamy the formula was, however once I started to worked it into my skin, the color was so light and almost disappeared. Personally, I am not a huge fan of cream blushes because of the fact that they seem to not show up as well on me compared to powder blushes.
J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze - Full Size Value $3.99
I was almost shocked when I opened the cap and saw how pointy this pencil was. I figured it would round off dramatically once I first used it, but the pencil held its shape very well. The formula is really good, giving me a very smooth and pigmented line. The color also was really pretty and something I would use a lot in Fall. The only bad thing about this product is that it seemed to wear away pretty quickly but with a color like this, I would have no problem re applying.
Acure Argan Oil Cleansing Towlettes - Full Size Value $6.99
I love trying out different face wipes and usually you get a travel size pack in Ipsy bags, so you could imagine how surprised I was to open a full 30 pack from my pink bubble mailer. The sheets are very thin compared to all the other wipes I have used but they were still just as soft and moist. They cleansed my face really well while taking off all my makeup, needing to grab a second for my face makeup.
Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush C224 -  Full Size Value $7.45
I have fallen in love with Crown brushes ever since I got my first one thru Ipsy earlier this year. I was very excited to get their concealer brush since it looks like it would be perfect for concealing bigger areas and getting around places like my nose that usually have redness. I was also surprised how soft this type of brush was.
** Points Extra Product: It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil Mini - Sample Size $12.00
I have heard so many people talking about this product lately from It Cosmetics and I literally screamed out loud when I saw it as an Ipsy points product. I think its so cool that it has the pencil and spooly on it, and I was happy with how well the color matched my brows. The shape of the pencil makes it dummy proof to get feather like lines to help fill in your brows and create the perfect shape. This is the perfect product to travel with or toss into your bag for touch ups.

September's bag was valued at $44.43 and contained 4 full sized and 2 sample sized products. This was a pretty good bag since I enjoyed all the products except one. My favorite products were the eyebrow pencil and the eye shadow. My least favorite was the blush for its formula although I did really love the color. Overall I am pretty happy with this bag considering it is one of my cheapest bags to date.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 4/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJuly, August

Comments