Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag October 2015 "Alter Ego"

Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag October 2015 "Alter Ego"
Hey Beauty Bees,

While checking the mail the other day, I was surprised to see my Ipsy bag so early in the month. I barely made it into my apartment before I was ripping into the pink mailer and swatching products. This month's theme is "Alter Ego" and I have to admit I was awed by the card that they always include. It really made me think of Halloween as well as reminded me of "Pretty Little Liars", which I am obsessed with.



Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag October 2015 "Alter Ego"
The bag is really cool since since it plays with the "alter ego" theme by having a dual colored bag. I love anything that is in a gold/black combo because I think it goes amazing together. I also like how they used two different materials, the black shiny plastic side and then a gold sparkle leather.

If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works, you can check it out here.
Ayres ipsy Exclusive Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream -  Sample Size Value $6.25
Ayres ipsy Exclusive Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream -  Sample Size Value $6.25
This hand cream smells very strong of lemon and herbs, weirdly enough reminding me of baby wipes. I am not a huge fan of this scent, but I did really like the formula. It seeped extremely well into my skin without any greasy feeling afterwards, as well as leaving my hands feeling so soft and silky. I took a peek on the Ayres website and I am thinking about ordering one of the other scents that I think I would like way better. (Midnight Tango; Orange Blossom and Vanilla scent)
Coastal Scents Xpress Line Cosmetic Pencil in Black -  Full Size Value $4.95
Coastal Scents Xpress Line Cosmetic Pencil in Black -  Full Size Value $4.95
I really love the brushes and the huge makeup palettes from Coastal Scents so I was pretty disappointed when I tried out this liner. It was very sheer and I had to really press hard to get some good color pay off. Also, it easily smudged and looked messy after only a few hours of wear. It is not a liner I will be reaching for my every day makeup but I might toss it into my "costume" makeup for Halloween looks coming up this month.
Tarte deluxe LipSurgence skintuitive lip gloss in energy -  Sample Size Value $3.80
Tarte deluxe LipSurgence skintuitive lip gloss in energy -  Sample Size Value $3.80
I was very confused by this product. For some reason I had the impression that this was going to be a really nice pink tinted lip gloss but I found out that it was a clear gloss. After some research people said that it is suppose to turn into a really pretty pink color on the lips, but for me it was just a sticky mess that I had to take off after a few minutes. The only enjoyable part of this product was that it smelt like candy.
Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum -  Sample Size Value $17.13

Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum -  Sample Size Value $17.13
I knew this product was not for me the second I saw the name. I have oily skin so I am not a fan of putting oils or serums on my face because it just makes me feel really gross. This product also states that it is for people with "Normal to Dry Skin" which makes me wonder if Ipsy even looks at the surveys we fill out.
theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer -  Sample Size Value $1.60
theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer -  Sample Size Value $1.60
This product from theBalm has been one I have been seeing pop up everywhere, which made me super happy when I saw it in my bag. I love that you can use it as a highlighter or a shadow. With such a pretty shimmer, I feel that I will only use it as a highlighter. It blends so well and feels so silky while doing it. I was left with the prettiest sheen and my Husband even told me that I was glowing the first day I tried it out.

October's bag was valued at $33.73 and contained 1 full sized and 4 sample sized products. This month's Ipsy bag is probably the worst bag I have gotten in quite a while. I only really liked one product, the highlighter, but even that was such a small sized sample. I got 3 products that I will be passing on since I know I won't use them and then the 5th item, the liner, is something I will rarely use. I was also very confused how any of these products fit with the theme. I really hope next month's bag is a huge step up from this or I might have to take a break from Ipsy for a while.

Beauty Buzz Rating: 2/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags from this year: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugust, September

Comments

  1. I hated mine honestly I only liked the lip gloss! I don't understand how the highlighter works! My Birchbox was better this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I rarely hate my Ipsy bag, but this one was definitely one of the worse for me. For the highlighter, since it is a powder, you would want to use a fan brush, highlighter brush, or even just your fingers to brush the product onto the highest part of your cheekbones, down the middle of your nose and on your cupids bow. This would give you the prettiest highlight.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.