Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag August 2018 "Selfie with No Filter"

August 2018 ipsy bag review
Hey Beauty Bees,

We are back with our first Beauty Buzz Trial since my return to blogging! What better then my Ipsy bag to start us off with the return of my product review series. I can guarantee you that this will be a "Beauty Blast". (I'm sorry, I had to do it)

If you are new to Ipsy and would like to learn more about how this monthly subscription works, you can check it out here

selfie with no filter
Now getting right into it, this month's theme was "Selfie with No Filter" and was a bag full of products that were perfect to finish off the summer. 
august 2018 ipsy bag
The makeup bag this month is a bright orange pouch with a yellow tassel. Ipsy describes it as adding "a pop of color to your summer looks and is fab for stashing your summery faves" I think this color is perfect since you can use it for the rest of the Summer and orange is one of the colors of Fall so you can keep using it throughout.

Now to get into the products of the bag:
products in ipsy bag
ciate highlighter
Ciate London Glow-To Highlighter in Moondust - Sample Size Value $8.70
This shimmery highlighter from Ciate London blew it out of the water for me! It was super pigmented while being silky smooth on the skin. It blended out well while giving me a beautiful glow. I also really liked the pinky golden shade, I think it looked really pretty on my skintone. I can see myself reaching for this product again and again.
thrive causemetics liquid lash extension
Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions in Brynn  - Sample Size Value $8.97
This mascara was an ok product. It worked well at lengthening my eyelashes and the comb-shaped wand worked really well at separating; however, I feel like this formula flaked easily. I really wish I could have loved this mascara since it did make lashes look great, but after a few hours the little black flakes on the side of my face made it look messy.
Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Lip Gloss in Evil Genius
Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Lip Gloss in Evil Genius - Sample Size Value $9
I really enjoyed this berry red shade. The lip gloss was not sticky like many other lip glosses tend to be. I also really enjoyed its long lasting formula. The only negative aspect that was more of a personal thing was its sheerness. It is definitely build-able, but I tend to reach for lip gloss that will give me enough color in just one application since I am lazy and like to get ready quick in the morning.
Hikari Cosmetics Cream Pigment Eyeshadow in Fierce
Hikari Cosmetics Cream Pigment Eyeshadow in Fierce - Sample Size Value $9
As a lover of nude eyeshadows, I was personally not a big fan of this burgandy shade but I honestly wish I was. The pigmentation of this cream eyeshadow is absolutely amazing and the metallic finish to the shadow is also really pretty. I will definitely keep it in my collection in hopes of reaching for a bold shade like this but I will also look into getting this product in a more usable shade for everyday.
Glow for a Cause Lip Love Lip Balm in Flirt
Glow for a Cause Lip Love Lip Balm in Flirt - Sample Size Value $6
This chapstick was a toss up for me. I really liked how the sheer pink color gave your lips just the right amount of tint to still look natural looking; however, the formula seemed very cheap and not much to it. It did not moisturize my lips as well as I would have liked compared to all the other lip balms I own and use. I might reach for it as a lip tint rather then a lip balm.
august 2018 ipsy bag swatches
November's bag was valued at around $41.67 and contained all sample sized products. This month's Ipsy bag was an average bag, but no where amazing. Usually I get a wide range of products but this time I only got beauty. I tend to really enjoy the skincare and hair care products that Ipsy brings so in that aspect I was a little disappointed. My favorite product was definitely the highlighter and my not so favorite would have to be the mascara and lip balm. 

Beauty Buzz Rating: 3.5/5
Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? What products did you get?

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out some past Ipsy bags I have received if your interested in getting you own:  JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctober


Don't forget to follow me on // Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

    Comments

    1. Ipsy bags are my fave! I love getting all the best samples!

      Briana
      https://beyoutifulbrunette.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I do too! I wish this month's bag was a little better but I really can't complain, I have gotten way worse!

        Thanks for commenting and I will be checking out your blog too!!

        Linda

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Leave a comment or question.